Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing: Your upcoming Genius Bar reservation

This is a scam right?

None of the details are correct in the email. Not my phone listed. But is definitely my name and my email address in the email. Called the store in Green Hills (no where near where I live), they don't have record of any of this.

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 5, 2016 4:09 PM

3 replies

Sep 5, 2016 5:17 PM in response to Michael Black

Dunno why I asked it as a question. It's not legit (is: phishing, stolen credit card, or something else). Definitely not my doing and not the correct details about my phone. Just sending it in to the forum here - in case anyone else is searching for the same thing in the future. Here are the details from one of the emails:

Thank you for visiting the AppleStore. Below is a copy of your service record.

Apple Store Green Hills
03-Sep-16 615-514-2430

Genius Bar Work Authorization

Repair No: ******

Customer Information

Product Information

[REMOVED MY NAME HERE] Warranty Status: Out of warranty(OW)
USA Model: IPHONE 6 PLUS
Date of Purchase: 18-Aug-16
Serial No: FK******5QP

Problem Description/Diagnosis

Issue: Customer presented device with multiple cracks on display. Blank black display power on
Steps to Reproduce: Observed device at bar
Cosmetic Condition: Display has multiple cracks enclosure has no marks
Proposed Resolution: We will attempt display replacement at $129 plus tax device is backed up
Alternate Pickup: 3:30
Contact AppleSupport Case: *****

Employee ******

Repair Estimate

Item Number Description Price Amount Due Customer KBB
661-00161 Display Assembly, Gold, iPhone 6 Plus $ 129.00 $ 129.00
Total (Tax not included) $ 129.00 $ 129.00

By signing below, I agree that:

• the Repair Terms and Conditions on the reverse side of this page will apply to the service of the product identified above;

Appleis not responsible for any loss, corruption, or breach of the data on my product during service; and

• as loss of data may occur as a result of the service, it is my responsibility to make a backup copy of my data before bringing my product to Applefor service

• goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods

Repair Terms and Conditions and be found at http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/terms/repair/retailservice.html.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Phishing: Your upcoming Genius Bar reservation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.