Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod gen 5.5 cant restore

i have ipod gen 5.5 with broken hardisk.

so i bougt new hardisk and replace with it.

and everytime i try recover ipod via itunes. itunes ask me to format disk.

User uploaded file

please help me to solve that problem..😢

iPod classic

Posted on Sep 6, 2016 6:31 AM

1 reply

Sep 6, 2016 6:47 AM in response to rizal16

Those hard drives are no longer manufactured, so the replacement may be used (and possibly faulty).

Try putting the iPod into Disk Mode first

How to put your iPod into disk mode - Apple Support

Run iTunes and connect iPod. iTunes should prompt you to do a Restore with a message about recovery. Try doing a Restore that way to see if it makes a difference.

Another thing you can try is to reformat the iPod's hard drive, like it's an external drive, using Windows. iTunes should not be running. The correct disk format to use (for a Windows-formatted iPod) is FAT32. If there's an option to do quick format, choose to do a full format. When it completes, the iPod's drive is completely erased, so you must do a Restore in iTunes (whether prompted or not). After the Restore, see if problem recurs.

If you determine that your replacement hard drive is not reliable, you can consider replacing it with commonly available flash-based storage, in the form of compact flash card or SD card (on an adapter). For 5th gen and later "classic" iPods, this web site has relevant information

https://www.iflash.xyz/

ipod gen 5.5 cant restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.