Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Putting a Photo Into an Album, How Can I Tell in The Main Photo's Area That Its Already in An Album?

Hi Guys, I've been long overdue organizing my 20,000+ photo's in iPhoto. I've Decided to tackle that task this week since the new iPhone 7 is releasing.

My question is after I add a photo into an album from the main photos area, how do I know if that photo is in an album already from the main photos area so I don't add it again? I don't want to go crazy looking for photos in the album and then comparing it to the main photos area etc etc etc. I just want to know from the main photos area that the photo is already in an album.

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 8, 2016 3:15 AM

6 replies

Sep 8, 2016 3:53 AM in response to léonie

Im so sorry but im so confused. So I should delete all my albums I created and create all brand new smart albums and create a "rule" for each new smart Album?

So Lets say I create a new smart album title "My Dogs" and there isnt any photos in that album yet. I should select from the drop down menu "Album is not Any" ?

Sep 8, 2016 3:59 AM in response to jondeak

Simply make one smart album, as Leonie describes above.

This will find all the photos not included in any album.

Then as you add these to an album, it will be dropped by the Smart Album

So, you have a running list of images that are not in an Album, as per your question:

how do I know if that photo is in an album already from the main photos area so I don't add it again?

Sep 8, 2016 4:03 AM in response to jondeak

Im so sorry but im so confused. So I should delete all my albums I created and create all brand new smart albums and create a "rule" for each new smart Album?

Keep your albums.

Smart albums will populate automatically, according to the rules. They just help you to search for photos that have some properties, like keywords, cameras, dates.

If you set the rule to "Album is not any" you will see all photos in this smart album that have not yet been assigned to any album. If you now drag a photo of your dog from this "Album is not any" smart album to your album with the pictures of your dog, it will vanish from the "Album is not any" album, because it is now in an album.

Added: I see, TD already explained this. 🙂

After Putting a Photo Into an Album, How Can I Tell in The Main Photo's Area That Its Already in An Album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.