Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

input source indicator does not switch

Hi,

I have a problem with the input source indicator -- when I change my language (by KB shortcut), it changes OK, but the indicator remains on English.

Searched for options in System preferences, but nothing helped.

You can see in the attached screenshot: I switched to Hebrew, it works alright, but the indicator is on English.

Anyone has a clue how to fix this?

Thanks 🙂

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Sep 9, 2016 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2016 1:48 PM

Try setting up a new user account and see if you have the same problem when you are logged into that.

5 replies

Sep 11, 2016 2:46 PM in response to Shirily

Shirily wrote:

Thanks Tom, this solved my problem when I logged back into my own user account 🙂

I would not have expected that. Rather that you might have found a new account worked right and you would have had to move to that one. Different user accounts have different .plist files and caches, which can get corrupted.

I don’t know how the problem with your own account could have been fixed by just logging into another one, unless perhaps you normally never restart your machine.

input source indicator does not switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.