Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We by is my wifi dropping off after iOS 9.3.5 update?

I using a 6Plus and recently uprated to 9.3.5. Since then my wi-fi (dedicated 5G band) keeps intermittently disconnecting. Forcing me to go and re-log in. I don't know what's going on B and haven't had THIS issues before updating to 9.3.5. Is this my fault? Have I set some preferences incorrectly? Or is this a bug with iOS 9.3.5?? Thank

Iphone 6plus 128G

ios 9.3.5

ipad pro

9.3.5 (also exhibiting same issue)

**Prior to updating to 9.3.5 I had never encountered this issue

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.5, Wi-Fi drops off without warning or

Posted on Sep 9, 2016 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2016 4:28 AM

Check this Apple Support article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

Reset your network settings.

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2016 4:28 AM in response to Criminal Law

Check this Apple Support article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

Reset your network settings.

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

Sep 14, 2016 5:12 PM in response to SimplyPONtus

I made only one change. I don't know perhaps this is the problem? I did change my DNS server from my ISP's over to Googles:. 8.8.8.8 of 8.8.4.4. This actually resulted in better latency performance. I have a 300/Megabit fiber optic line and I use ookla's iOS App to check the speed and after switching to 8.8.8.8 although I only saw a marginal increase in speed (276/mgb went up to 283/mgb)

Other than this I made no changes other than updating to 9.3.5. But now that 10.1 is out I'm going to update it tomorrow morning. I'm waiting for Apple to REALLY fix the bug where so many people had their phones BRICKED.

As always thank you all for your help. I'll update this thread once I get a chance to use ios10 for at least a day or two and see if the phone keeps dropping wifi.

P.S. Today, it was dropping the wifi BUT weird thing was that the WiFi signal strength meter was STILL being displayed on my phone, next to the cell signal bars. But now I'm getting a pop up (while in safari) asking me to please log in to wifi or turn on cell data to establish s connection. (I turn if cell data -not voice- when I'm home because I have an extremely small data plan). Thanks again !

We by is my wifi dropping off after iOS 9.3.5 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.