Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Pro screen cracked inside, no damage outside

Hello,

I got up this morning with mac book opened and turned off. I saw that my screen was pretty dirty and decided I have to clean the finger prints on it. I used one Clorox and one paper towel to clean it. Once I finished I turned it one and saw my screen cracked. When I rubbed my finger on the screen there is no indication on the front or the back of the display that it was hit there. It's only on the inside of the display. I took it to apple and they said that it was an accident when I only washed the screen, like I have done with multiple Mac Book Pros I have bought in the past. I have Applecare but that doesn't cover it apparently. No where else on my mac does it show that I have damages and I did a diagnostics and there is nothing else wrong with my system. They said I'm looking at $800 and that is just outrageous because of a flow for the super thin screen on the inside. I don't know where to go from here but I have used Apple products my whole life and being a college student, I don't have that kind of money to fix it. This problem should of never happened. I do all my graphic design and coding on my Mac and have always loved it. I also have a Tech21 black case surrounding it for extra protection so something like this didn't happen. Please if there is any help I can get here, it would be very much appreciated.

Benjamin Schmidt

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Sep 9, 2016 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2016 4:48 PM

Make your case to a Store manager, but it's hard to claim it "just happened by itself." Be nice to the Store staff, you're basically pleading for special treatment.

It doesn't mean you did anything on purpose, but the MacBook was in your care, so you're held responsible. The cause could have been anything from a drop to sudden change in temperature. Who knows...

Good luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2016 4:48 PM in response to Bschmidt627

Make your case to a Store manager, but it's hard to claim it "just happened by itself." Be nice to the Store staff, you're basically pleading for special treatment.

It doesn't mean you did anything on purpose, but the MacBook was in your care, so you're held responsible. The cause could have been anything from a drop to sudden change in temperature. Who knows...

Good luck!

Mac Book Pro screen cracked inside, no damage outside

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.