Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login to Mac App Store with Apple ID, it always tells me to reset password

Hi!

I cannot login into the Mac App Store anymore with my Mid-2012 MacBook Air running OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite).

When trying to download anything, it asks for my Apple ID credentials. After entering them and going through the Two Factor Authentication, I get the message that my password has been entered incorrectly too many times (which I did not) and it has to be reset. After following the instructions to reset the password, the Mac App Store continues to show me this error message. I can use my Apple ID on my iPad mini 4 without any problems, before and after resetting the password.

What can I do to resolve this issue? I am unable to upgrade to El Capitan or get/update any Apps.

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 10, 2016 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2016 12:05 PM

Try here > Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

If nothing there helps, contact Apple directly > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204169

1 reply

Cannot login to Mac App Store with Apple ID, it always tells me to reset password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.