Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 screen protector fitting iPhone 7.

Will the iPhone 6 screen protectors fit the iphone 7? I know they are similar in size.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 10, 2016 1:58 PM

16 replies

Jan 24, 2017 5:59 AM in response to Robwithtoast

I'm an IT manager. While waiting for "iPhone 7 screen protectors" I'd ordered to come in, an employee appeared with their 7, so I looked at one of the new iPhone 6 protectors I had around and it appeared to be a perfect fit. Indeed it was. When the iPhone 7 protectors actually arrive, I'll hold them up against the other ones just to see if there's an actual difference (they will be the same brand).

Apr 8, 2017 9:14 PM in response to Robwithtoast

Not sure if there are still people wondering but after testing in person, both Zagg and Bodyguardz' tempered glass screen protectors for iPhone 7/S are just perfectly fine on iPhone 6/S. So I would love to take the bet that other branded ones should be so too most likely, glass-made or film materialed. But if you want to use one of those protective skin for your MacBook laptop like Bestskinever, Bodyguardz or such just pay attention to what kind of case you are using, if you are using one. Because these skin type protectors will go to the very very edge and won't leave enough, if there is any room for your case, very likely. You don't need a bulky one to make that happen, probably the Apple branded ultra slimmed ones or such can make peace with those skin.

Sep 27, 2017 7:13 AM in response to hotagpa

Could work for sure. But just one small thing: some protectors have the curved edge fitting the iPhone’s screen. And for iPhone 6(s)/7(s) or 8, even the screens’ sizes are identical, they do “curve” slightly differently, very very hard to tell unless you put two or these next to each other and look very closely. But, enough to give you some bubbles on the edge when applying the wrong protector.

Sep 10, 2016 4:27 PM in response to Robwithtoast

Robwithtoast wrote:

No, my plan was to buy an iPhone 6s glass screen protector because they are cheaper then the iPhone 7 screen protectors.

Well, I think the screens are different (as in differently made - they certainly have different color display capabilities) ... but as I say the size of the display area has not changed.

You're paying quite a bit for a brand new iPhone. Is it really worth saving a small amount of money on the protector? There is likely a reason the protectors cost different amounts aside from simply dealing with a newer model iPhone. The protectors may well be literally different - though not in size.

Nov 21, 2016 3:17 PM in response to Robwithtoast

I am wondering the same thing. I am using an iphone 6 and need to replace the screen protector. But many products now say they are for 7 so I am wondering if they are 6 compatible.

I think it should work as they are almost of identical outfits, but haven't tried yet.

iPhone 7: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm

iPhone 6: 138.3 x 67.1 x 5.04 mm [1]

So the only visible difference is the depth but that is irrelevant for a screen protector.

And from the picture below I think there is almost, if not all, no difference from the looking. [2]

User uploaded file

[1]https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

[2]Forbes Tech/iPhone 7 Vs iPhone 6: What's The Difference?

Iphone 6 screen protector fitting iPhone 7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.