Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EXS24 reacts automatically to expression pedal

I am using the EXS24 plugin in MainStage 3.2.4 with Mac OS X 10.11.6. Now I bought an expression pedal and deactivated routing of CC#11 (expression) in all patches to all instruments. Nevertheless EXS24 continues to react to the expression pedal - it controls volume. This is not what I want because I want to control modulation of another plugin in another keyboard range. As EXS24 reacts to the pedal automatically the consequence is that with modulation set to 0 (by the expression pedal) the EXS24 sets itself to 0 volume, so it is silent ...

1. How can I switch off this automatic mechanism of EXS24 reacting to CC#11 (expression)?

2. With Omnisphere from Spectrasonics the problem was the same, but one can switch this automatic assignment off in EDIT area. Is there a similar way for EXS24?

3. I suppose the problem will reappear with other Logic/MainStage plugins ...

Best,

Dietmar Harms

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB RAM

Posted on Sep 11, 2016 1:41 PM

There are no replies.

EXS24 reacts automatically to expression pedal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.