Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do airpods work with iPhone 6s?

AirPods page says they work with "all" your Apple products, and that it's dependent on the OS installed on your device, not which device. I have an iPhone 6s; will AirPods work with that when I update to iOS 10?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Sep 12, 2016 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2016 10:50 AM

That's easy. Apple would be crazy to sell a brand new device that stops working on their newest iOS. Yes, of course it will work fine. Here's airpods compatibility list:

User uploaded file

8 replies

Sep 12, 2016 10:57 AM in response to CA in MN

Air pods are really just enhanced Bluetooth wireless head phones. The enhancement is the "W1" chip in the air pods that offers enhanced power management, enhanced pairing and so forth. Supposedly, some Beats headphones will also be coming that use the W1 chip to enhance their functions as well. But they are still BT head phones, just with some new fancy features.

Sep 12, 2016 11:08 AM in response to elcpu

elcpu wrote:

Based on this would you recommend that I wait before purchasing new Beats for my 7?

It's your choice and I've not seen anything confirmed. But several tech news sites have reported the W1 chip will be coming to some Beats BT headsets. Since Apple owns Beats, there is no legal barrier to them using the W1 chip and features in Beats products, so it seems a logical extension?

DoH! I stand corrected on the nothing confirmed front - http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/07/beats-by-dre-w1-chip/

do airpods work with iPhone 6s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.