Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 in Japan

Hey there,

There were a lot of rumours regarding to iPhone Unlocked issues in japan.

I found a thread which says the iPhone 6S is SIM free and unlocked on apple store in Japan.

im considering buying it on preorder before arriving Japan, Do you have any idea where can i find an official statement which says the iPhones being sold in Japan are unlocked ?

Additionally, if some one had the experience with the "iPhone Hype" in Japan, is it being sold out quick or if will arrive in October, i will have the chance to easily get into the apple store and get one of these ?

Posted on Sep 12, 2016 11:28 AM

5 replies

Sep 12, 2016 11:46 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Hey JimmyCMPIT,

regarding to the unlocked subject,

there was a thread opened at 2014, and updated at 2015 with comments, which talk regarding to the issue:

unlocked iphone 6 in japan

Many people said that they bought there iPhone 6 and 6s and encountered no problem as long the specific model works with their country Bands.

Apple Japan sells iPhone 7 with full price and non-contract, the question is whether it will work in my home country (by knowing that bands seems OK).

What do you say ?

iPhone 7 in Japan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.