Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone wants me to enter the password for Outlook email account

Hello,

I have a huge problem with my iPhone 6s. I just configured my Outlook Account, and it keeps asking for my password continuously. I never stops. I enter my password, then press "Ok", then the window closes, and 2 second after, it opens again. I enter my password again, and it opens again, and again, and again. This is boring, upsetting. Can someone tell me how to fix it please ? Because now, I don't have my contacts, I cant' use mail, I can't do anything.

Thanks in advance.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Sep 13, 2016 7:36 AM

8 replies

Jul 7, 2017 10:16 AM in response to ChrlyDW

All of my iPhones are doing the same thing...It happens every time I move from one wifi network to another or if I go from wifi to AT&T data. It just started doing this about a month ago and is rather annoying. I have deleted the Outlook App and reinstalled it 3 times and the issue does not go away. It is also persists when when using the "Mail" feature included with the iPhone normal programming. Appears to be some sort of verification disconnect between Outlook and the ios device. I have also verified in my on-line Outlook account that the ios device is connected and authenticated/recognized as it's supposed to be.

Aug 31, 2017 11:34 AM in response to ChrlyDW

Hi,

I use outlook for iOS on iPhone 6S, iPhone 7 and iPad Air

I have several emails accounts: 3 Exchange, 1 IMAP, 1 Outlook, 2 hotmail (msn.com)

I use 3 devices besides my PC: 2 iPhones and 1 iPad

I had all my email accounts in all devices, working fine for several months.

Last week my devices began asking me to login, only in Exchange accounts.

This happens when I switch from device to device.

No settings were moved nor changed, PC and WEB Outlook work fine. I have the latests iOS system iOS 10.3.3, the problem began before updating iOS.

After several tests deleting and adding accounts I found out that I can have multiple Exchange accounts in one device and only one exchange account in my other 2 devices.

As soon as I try adding another exchange account in any of the 2 additional devices, I am asked again to login in all devices.

I deleted outlook mail in one iPhone 6s and I now have all my email accounts in iPhone7 and only 1 exchange account in my iPad but I would like to know how to fix this.

Sep 13, 2016 7:58 PM in response to ChrlyDW

Hi ChrlyDW!

I understand your Outlook account is prompting you for your password on the iPhone. I know the importance of having your accounts setup correctly on your iPhone, and I'm happy to help.

First, you should visit the Outlook website and confirm that your login credentials are accepted there. That will eliminate the possibility that there's an issue with your password. Once you've done that, I'd suggest removing and re-adding the account to your iPhone. You'll see instructions in the following article, in the section labeled "Remove your email account and set it up again":

Get help with Mail on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

iPhone wants me to enter the password for Outlook email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.