Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 10 beta and profile

Do I have to uninstall the iOS10 beta and beta profile to get final release?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 13, 2016 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2016 9:31 AM

No. As explained in the documentation provided to you when enrolling in the BETA program you can update to the final release once it is available.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/faq

How do I get a shipping version of iOS back on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?

Always back up your iOS device before installing beta software. To get a shipping release of iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can simply install the final version of the software you are testing when it appears in Software Update. If you would like to go back to a previously released version, you must first erase the beta software, then re-install the latest shipping version of iOS, and finally restore from your previously saved iTunes backup.
Learn more about how to erase and install iOS
Learn more about restoring from an iTunes backup

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2016 9:31 AM in response to Stray_Bullet

No. As explained in the documentation provided to you when enrolling in the BETA program you can update to the final release once it is available.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/faq

How do I get a shipping version of iOS back on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?

Always back up your iOS device before installing beta software. To get a shipping release of iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can simply install the final version of the software you are testing when it appears in Software Update. If you would like to go back to a previously released version, you must first erase the beta software, then re-install the latest shipping version of iOS, and finally restore from your previously saved iTunes backup.
Learn more about how to erase and install iOS
Learn more about restoring from an iTunes backup

Sep 13, 2016 10:57 AM in response to Stray_Bullet

exactly, if you were on the beta, the last update you got was last week and it's the GM. The gold master (10.0.1) is the exact equivalent of what's being released today... so you get no update today. Now if you want to leave the beta program (for future versions, 10.1 etc...), all you have to do is delete the beta profile (general/profiles) AND reboot.

IOS 10 beta and profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.