Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook keeps popping up in Safari with a 1x1 pixel in the window. Any ideas on how to stop this.

I have a Mac Pro, with Safari 9.1.3 and keep getting, when I am on the internet, new pages from Facebook.com/tr/1x1 pixels. Any ideas on how I can stop this?

MacBook Pro, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 13, 2016 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 1:14 AM

1. Empty Caches

Safari > Preference > Advanced

Checkmark the box beside "Show Develop menu in menu bar".

Develop menu will appear in the Safari menu bar.

Click Develop and select "Empty Caches" from the dropdown.

2. Remove Cookies and test.

Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies and other website data:

Click the “Details” button.

Remove all cookies except ones from Apple, your internet service provider and banks.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2016 1:14 AM in response to hernibbs

1. Empty Caches

Safari > Preference > Advanced

Checkmark the box beside "Show Develop menu in menu bar".

Develop menu will appear in the Safari menu bar.

Click Develop and select "Empty Caches" from the dropdown.

2. Remove Cookies and test.

Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies and other website data:

Click the “Details” button.

Remove all cookies except ones from Apple, your internet service provider and banks.

Dec 16, 2017 5:08 PM in response to hernibbs

This is an old enquiry, but had the exact same problem in Dec 2017, so posting this up for those who maybe looking for a different solution... I tried the java, caches and the cookies etc, but nothing worked - Here's how I stopped it:

In my case, the first problem was an overheating macbook pro, another poster said check CPU in Activity Monitor for usage and turn off anything over 75%.

On the activity monitor the Dashboard was showing up at 82%, but trying to close it was impossible, every time I clicked on the dashboard, in a flash, it redirected to www.facebook/tr/ - so I couldn't open, or close the Dashboard.

After clicking on it several times without luck, I noticed it was the Webclips widget, repeatedly loading gallery images from a travel website, but was somehow stuck in a loop and continuously loading. After trying to open Dashboard a dozen times I managed to drag the widget into the middle of the screen, then after more attempts, click on the ℹ icon on the widget, a split second before the redirect. This flipped the widget over to 'edit' mode and stopped it redirecting and closing the dashboard. Problem solved.

Dashboard opened normally, I closed the Websclips widget, the facebook redirect stopped, and my MacBook cooled off immediately and is now running at a normal temperature

Facebook keeps popping up in Safari with a 1x1 pixel in the window. Any ideas on how to stop this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.