Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage sounds on lock screen

I just upgraded to IOS10 and when I send my husband a sticker from IMessages (his phone has been upgraded too) He doesn't get a message alert sound or banner when the phone is locked. Is there something we have to do to get sound. A simple text gives the alert and sound. Thanks so much

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 13, 2016 7:38 PM

2 replies

Sep 14, 2016 11:54 AM in response to hobbitgrl

Greetings hobbitgrl,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you and your husband just upgraded to iOS 10, and when you send a sticker in iMessage he doesn't get a message alert sound or banner when the phone is locked. I send stickers to my contacts as well, so I know it's important that the recipient is alerted. I'm happy to assist you with this.

In order to receive a notification, a sticker must be added alongside text in an iMessage. Stickers are used to decorate your messages. Please see the article Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, specifically, this section:

Add something from an app to your iMessage

To use an app with Messages:

1. Open Messages, tap User uploaded file, and enter a contact or tap on an existing conversation.
  2. Tap User uploaded file , then tap User uploaded file.
  3. Tap User uploaded file in the lower-left corner to open the app drawer.
  4. Tap the app to open it.
    • If you want to add stickers, drag the stickers to the message bubble. The stickers will automatically send once they're added to the message.
    • If you want to use an app in your message, open it or tap the content you want to add to your message. Then tap User uploaded file to send.

Get a message with an iMessage app that you don't have? Just tap the blue name below the app to download it.

User uploaded file

Have an amazing day!

Nov 5, 2016 9:09 AM in response to Joseph_S.

I have the same problem and Joseph did not address the sound issue:

Any text ( sticker or no) is delivered without sound or banner when the phone is locked. I have iOS10.1.1.

When a phone (6) is unlocked, I get sound and banner. Do not disturb is OFF.

What would be the solution. I tried to contact apple support 3 times. No call back. One time they send me an email, they tried to contact me.. which is completely false. I am not sure what is going on in Apple support.

TM_Houston

Imessage sounds on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.