Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10 mail...no delete all

Where has this option gone in iOS 10 Mail? You can no longer delete all in sent mail..

Real pain having to delete each on in turn.

is there a way round this anyone please?

david

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Sep 13, 2016 11:45 PM

172 replies

Aug 8, 2017 8:12 PM in response to Percyx

Send feedback about this Mail delete function omission to Apple

Apple designers and engineers do not read these forums. Apple supplies these forums for users to work out their product issues with other users, but these community forums ARE monitored/moderated by Apple Staff assigned to these community forums, but I do not think any info is ever passed on to who/mever the cognizant parties are who would need to know if there are any mounting issues with a product or software.

The only way to get Apple to listen to you is to use their feedback portion of their website. Apple DOES read the feedback, but they still do not respond with any personal replies.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Feb 7, 2017 11:06 PM in response to David Bedford

I'm not sure if anyone else found a solution, but I'll post what works for me....

1. Click Edit

2. Click the first message.

3. Press and hold the move button.

4. While holding Move, unblock the message.

5. Release Move button and the "mailbox screen will pop up...

6. Click Trash and Voila!

Feb 14, 2017 1:05 AM in response to paulfromcheswick

Depending on what service you use for email, you can easily get this functionality back if you use this iOS email client app, instead.

Instead of waiting out Apple and the iOS software team to straighten out all of the issues with the iOS 10 Mail app,

If want to bring back all of the previous goodness about iOS Mail and get a few more bells and whistles, in the process.

If you are a Google Mail, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail user, here is a almost exact replacement for iOS Mail that adds back all of the missing functionlities in iOS 10 Mail app and adds even more.

Look at this nearly exact email app replacement for iOS Mail.

I really like this email app a WHOLE LOT better than the stock Apple iOS Mail App while still looking very much like the standard iOS Mail App.

The most recent update adds a few more email services, so read the update details!

One user has successfully gotten this to work with their AOL account, if anyone is still using AOL.

This is a real beautiful email app to use and, if you are a large iPad Pro user, then this email app's UI really shines!

Email

Email - mail for Gmail Yahoo iCloud & Hotmail by Easilydo Inc.

https://appsto.re/us/wAla3.i

One of the real nice things about this app as it has a setting to allow the Safari web browser to open right up inside of this mail app.

Which is super convenient and quick!

If anyone can use this iOS Mail app replacement.

You're Welcome!

😉

Feb 22, 2017 3:09 PM in response to David Bedford

THE ANSWER:

https://www.imobie.com/support/delete-all-emails-iphone-ipad.htm

In any Inbox - Select an email from Edit. Hold down Move and deselect the email without letting go of Move. Let go of Move, and it takes you to a screen that will let you TRASH ALL!

So excited. I had to create an account and share bc this is the most frustrating problem. Thanks internet!

Mar 16, 2017 10:59 AM in response to David Bedford

To delet all on iOS 10 go to your inbox hit the edit button mark the first message then hold down on the move button while holding down on the move button deselect the first message then take your all your fingers off the screen and wait a few seconds and then it will give you the option of where to move all messages. It works I had the same problem and just did this and it worked. I deleted all my messages in my inbox. Hope this helps!

Mar 31, 2017 7:01 AM in response to Donb1360

TThat option just saved me hours of deleting over 2000 messages I did just that as you said and was able to move all to trash the delete all your awesome thanks I don't even think apple customer services know of this as was on the phone to them for ages trying to get a solution my fingers thank you my eyes thank you my head hanks you and my numb as thanks you. Thank you so much Michaela

Mar 31, 2017 9:45 AM in response to ErnestDAD

I agree, I had to tell it to apple care as well.

My continuing problem was after getting everything to the trash, the emails kept coming back (yes, they'd been removed from the server, and yes it is a POP account). When I finally got my inboxes to read "no mail", my iphone storage kept telliing me that over 2GB were being used by mail. The solution was to delete the email account and then re-add it. Old emails finally gone!

iOS 10 mail...no delete all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.