Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad User Guide for IOS 10.

Finally the User Guide is available. Enjoy.

iPad User Guide for iOS 10 by Apple Inc.

https://itun.es/us/Cf0Odb.l

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 2:04 AM

23 replies

Sep 14, 2016 4:59 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Aloha Diana.

Thank you. I found it late last night and should have a second thread somewhere with the link. I didn't notice the single page version until you mentioned it. It's horrible. In iBooks that's called scrolling view and when the had PDF's of updates they also used that view. Maybe we can impress upon Apple how much we dislike it so they'll change it back.🙂

Stay well. Bob

iPad User Guide for iOS 10 by Apple Inc.

https://itun.es/us/Cf0Odb.l

Sep 15, 2016 8:11 AM in response to Diana.McCall

[nosy me]

What you just report tells me (thinkin' outside the box) is that there may be something about the "New reader" - "readING" a particular iBook (a "glorified" PDF?) with maybe some special characteristics - NEW and OLD iBooks behave/display the same?

Of course, I have no way of helping with an ibook like I could if only a PDF

EDITadded

Aren't some (a lot?) iBooks "protected" in some way to ensure that only iBooksReader can read them?

Sep 15, 2016 8:29 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

It seems to me like they've changed the default view for landscape from two pages side by side to single page. It's not the scrolled view Bob mentioned because it still flips pages sideways, instead of scrolling like one long page. There's an annoying page flip animation as well. I wonder if it works this way on the big Pro, where it would be really laughable. I have another (purchased) iBook that still reads in the original side-by-side mode. So obviously the book has some control over its formatting. But there are no settings available to change the view.

And yes, these iBooks are locked into iBooks. You can open normal pdfs in iBooks or other apps, but iBooks are iBooks, period. I guess Apple didn't want their docs just floating around on the net.

Sep 15, 2016 9:14 AM in response to Diana.McCall

I am operating from memory from two or three 'sleeps' ago...

A user bought an iBook using iTunes for Windows - THEN tried to figure out how to read it on a PC !

In my research, I stumbled across some acronym ("DMR"??) that was the 'protection' for iBooks only. This apparently IS set by the author IN iBooksAuthor App.

I am assuming that in iBooksAuthor one makes all kinds of decisions about how one wants the "book" to display. It is not very "user friendly" to prevent a person from choosing one's own preferences, but a physical book doesn't offer many options either!

Say, "La vee."

EditADDED

It could very well be that the person doing the "authoring" was merely 'careless' instead of this being 'by design' (??)

iPad User Guide for IOS 10.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.