Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV won't show up as home hub in iPhone iOS 10 home app

I'm trying to set up the AppleTV 4th gen to act as a home hub but it won't show up in the iPhone home app.

Both devices use the same iCloud, tried logging out and back in but nothing, two factor authentication is enable, location is enabled, iOS are both up to date, connection to the same wifi ..

Also I checked in my apple ID page and all devices show up correctly, but I can't figure out why the Apple TV is not recognized by the iPhone home kit app.

Any help appreciated

dave

iPhone 6s, iOS 10, Apple TV 4th gen

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 3:17 AM

7 replies

Sep 21, 2016 2:39 AM in response to dademargot

Hi, Found the trick after trying a lot of things in all sorts of order.

What works is:

1) Sign out of iCloud on your ATV4

2) Restart your ATV4

3) Reset Homekit under Settings/Privacy

4) Restart your ATV4

5) Login to iCloud

Of course 2 factor verification should be on.

The ATV stays connected in Standby mode and works with Ethernet and Wifi.

Good luck!

Sep 21, 2016 2:37 PM in response to arjanfromlaren

I had an ATV 3 and added the ATV 4 when it came out. After iOS 10 and HomeKit I could not get me HomeKit config to release from the ATV 3 and give control to the ATV 4 even when I removed the ATV 3 from the network. I followed you 5 steps with only the ATV 4 connected and now it works. Thanks for this tip. It worked for me. As an aside, after reconnecting my ATV 3 to the network it does show in the HomeKit details, but says 'disabled'. Siri now can control my scenes from the ATV 4.

My one gripe is I can't connect my ATV 4 to my iMac when on ethernet connection. Works fine with Wifi. I have no idea what that's about, but I'll take HomeKit working!!! Again, THANK YOU!

Apple TV won't show up as home hub in iPhone iOS 10 home app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.