Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1403 when attempting to install IOS 10 via iTunes

Getting an 'err 1403' after attempting to download IOS 10 via iTunes (Macbook pro 13 running 10.11.4) , and is saying that the download is corrupted?

Also not working when I attempt to download straight from my phone (5s), but i've heard this is the case for most people.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Dylan

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 3:45 AM

1 reply

Sep 14, 2016 5:06 PM in response to Dylan Rogan

Hi Dylan Rogan,
I understand that you are getting an error when trying to update your iPhone. I know that it's important to have the most up to date software on your devices, and I'm happy to help.
Check out this article for help with updating your iPhone:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  3. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, and don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  4. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device.
    If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, you'll need to repeat these steps and choose Restore instead of Update when you get back to this step.
    User uploaded file
  5. After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device. If you previously backed up your device with iTunes or iCloud and had to restore your device in step 3, you might be able to restore from your backup during setup.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Error 1403 when attempting to install IOS 10 via iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.