Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital touch not working

IVe gone through the community and tried the suggestions provided for this problem, no success. I can receive taps and messages from others, if I add myself as a friend I also have no problems. When I try to send to one friend there is no error message but he hasn't received any messages for 4 months. We have both updated the OS, removed friend, rebooted, readd friend and try again = fail.

any ideas??

Apple Watch, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 6:25 AM

Try working through the following steps and ask your friend to do the same:

• In the Contacts app on your iPhone:
    • Check that there is a single contact card for your friend and that it contains their iPhone number and their own Apple ID email address - and none of anyone else's contact details.
    • Check that there is a separate, single contact card for you and that it contains your own Apple ID email address and your iPhone number - and none of anyone else's contact details.
  • Go to: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars (or Settings > Contacts under iOS 10) > in the Contacts section, check that My Info is using your contact card.
  • Go to: Settings > General > Siri (or Settings > Siri under iOS 10) > My Info - check that your contact card is selected.
  • If you are still using iOS 9.3.5, check that you have added your friend to the Friends list on your watch, using their single contact card:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app: My Watch > Friends.

• Delete old iMessage conversations with your friend on each device:
    • iPhone: Messages app > swipe left on a message thread > delete.
    • Watch: open the Messages app (from the Home screen, which is accessed via single press on the Digital Crown) > swipe left on a message thread > tap on Trash / Delete.
  • Set new Messages conversations to start from your iPhone's phone number:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > scroll to Start New Conversations From > choose your iPhone phone number.

• Check the email addresses at which you can be reached via iMessage:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > under You Can Be Reached by iMessage At > in addition to your iPhone number, enable (with a check mark) your Apple ID email address (do not enable any other email addresses that are not solely yours).

• Reset your sync data:

On your iPhone in the Watch app: My Watch > General > Reset > tap once on Reset Sync Data:

• The process will run in the background, invisibly to you, so wait for a minute or so, to allow it to complete.
  • Disable and re-enable iMessage on your iPhone:

Settings > Messages - iMessage.

• Restart both your iPhone and watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2016 6:25 AM in response to FlyteRN

Try working through the following steps and ask your friend to do the same:

• In the Contacts app on your iPhone:
    • Check that there is a single contact card for your friend and that it contains their iPhone number and their own Apple ID email address - and none of anyone else's contact details.
    • Check that there is a separate, single contact card for you and that it contains your own Apple ID email address and your iPhone number - and none of anyone else's contact details.
  • Go to: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars (or Settings > Contacts under iOS 10) > in the Contacts section, check that My Info is using your contact card.
  • Go to: Settings > General > Siri (or Settings > Siri under iOS 10) > My Info - check that your contact card is selected.
  • If you are still using iOS 9.3.5, check that you have added your friend to the Friends list on your watch, using their single contact card:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app: My Watch > Friends.

• Delete old iMessage conversations with your friend on each device:
    • iPhone: Messages app > swipe left on a message thread > delete.
    • Watch: open the Messages app (from the Home screen, which is accessed via single press on the Digital Crown) > swipe left on a message thread > tap on Trash / Delete.
  • Set new Messages conversations to start from your iPhone's phone number:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > scroll to Start New Conversations From > choose your iPhone phone number.

• Check the email addresses at which you can be reached via iMessage:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > under You Can Be Reached by iMessage At > in addition to your iPhone number, enable (with a check mark) your Apple ID email address (do not enable any other email addresses that are not solely yours).

• Reset your sync data:

On your iPhone in the Watch app: My Watch > General > Reset > tap once on Reset Sync Data:

• The process will run in the background, invisibly to you, so wait for a minute or so, to allow it to complete.
  • Disable and re-enable iMessage on your iPhone:

Settings > Messages - iMessage.

• Restart both your iPhone and watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Digital touch not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.