Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple still Support IOS 9.3.5 on my ipad 2 even though it's not gonna upgrade to IOS 10?

Questions:

Will Apple still Support IOS 9.3.5 on my ipad 2 even though it's not gonna upgrade to IOS 10?

Is IOS 9.3.5 still safe?

please reply ins few hour's

iPad 2, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 8:08 AM

3 replies

Sep 14, 2016 12:54 PM in response to JirehL1

iPads that will stay on iOS 9.3.5 will still run and be fine and app developers will still be releasing app updates that should still be compatible with iOS 9 for, probably, a year, or so.

Maybe a little while more.

Even then, whatever apps that don't get updated any longer will still continue to work.

Your iPad 2 will be fine.

No worry.

Sep 14, 2016 12:57 PM in response to JirehL1

I am not sure what you mean by still support iOS 9.3.5, it will always be safe. The iPad 2 just will not get any further updates. Your iPad will continue to function just as it does now. Your only concern in the future maybe with new apps that may or may not run well on your current iOS version. If you need newer apps at that time, you will need a newer iPad.

Sep 14, 2016 12:58 PM in response to JirehL1

Apple has not stated either way they will or won't continue to support iOS 9. Historically when an new iOS or OS X becomes publicly available the iterations of the older OS will stop, although a security update can be made in some cases if apple deems necessary, however If you have the iPad2 the 9.3.5 is possibly the most critical security update of all time and even if it's the last one we see for our legacy devices (I have a 4S) it's probably in your best interest to DL and install after making a backup (I'm doing it as we speak because I totally let this go!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.