Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error accessing Store after upgrade

I've just updated Itunes to version 12.5.1.21 on a Windows 7 Pro Machine 64 bit

When I try to access the store, I get the application crash with this error.

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: iTunes.exe, versione: 12.5.1.21, timestamp: 0x57d32fa7

Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: WebKit.dll, versione: 7602.1050.4.5, timestamp: 0x57c12000

Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005

Offset errore 0x0000000000645e36

ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0xbd4

Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d20e9ec9d1baef

Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe

Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\WebKit.dll

ID segnalazione: 1594e02a-7a92-11e6-b03d-480fcf28e784

I already tried to perform a clean install after a complete uninstall (all components in the order advised by Apple).

Any Idea?

Thanx

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 8:53 AM

17 replies

Sep 15, 2016 6:39 AM in response to BR1_80

Hi BR1_80,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems that iTunes is unexpectedly crashing when you access the iTunes Store on your Windows computer. ​It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. ​I would recommend you read this article, it may be able to help further troubleshoot the issue.

Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support
Cheers

Sep 15, 2016 7:12 AM in response to BR1_80

I have the exact same error after the exact same upgrade path.

I am unable to access any tab except for the "Library" tab. Everything else causes a crash.

I'm a paying Apple Music customer and I can't get Apple Music anymore.
I've uninstalled, reinstalled. I am unable to go back to an older version.
I'm basically paying Apple Music for nothing now.

Sep 16, 2016 1:15 AM in response to BR1_80

I think I've found the culprit.

I've just uninstalled an Intel driver, come with windows update, the "Intel Corporation WDDM1.2 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600".

I also uninstalled these patch, recently installed.

KB3080079

KB3102429

KB3150513

I'm almost sure it's the Intel driver, I'm tired restarting my pc to prove it....now Itunes works perfectly.

Please Apple fix it, I cannot live without Intel driver ;-)

Thanx to me.

BR1

Sep 16, 2016 8:58 AM in response to BR1_80

My iTunes is also crashing when I click on Store, For You, Browse, Radio, and anything under the Account option. I had two of the windows patches that BR1_80 mentioned and uninstalled them, but that did not fix the problem. I opened up a debugger and got the following message for the reason for the crash: "Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFD09855E36 (WebKit.dll) in iTunes.exe: 0xC000041D: An unhandled exception was encountered during a user callback." I am using Windows 8.1.

Sep 16, 2016 10:38 AM in response to nasmdude

You have the latest version of Itunes, I suppose.

If an uninstall/reinstall cycle wasn't useful, you could try to check and uninstall

all recently added sw or patch, one by one.

Try also to perform a downgrade of Itunes.

If doing so the previous version works fine, I think the scapegoat is a sw conflict.

I read somewhere the webkit.dll has to do with graphical interface of Itunes, that's why I uninstalled Intel Vga driver.

Cheers from the worst Country in Europe

Sep 16, 2016 11:14 AM in response to BR1_80

Yes, I am running 12.5.1.21. Unfortunately, I didn't realize I needed to backup my library table before upgrading, and now when I try to install a previous version of iTunes, I get an error that the library table was created by a newer version of iTunes, and so it won't open. I will have to check out the VGA driver possibility. Everything else in iTunes works such as playing music and syncing with iPhone, just not doing anything related to the store.

Sep 16, 2016 12:47 PM in response to nasmdude

nasmdude wrote:

Yes, I am running 12.5.1.21. Unfortunately, I didn't realize I needed to backup my library table before upgrading, and now when I try to install a previous version of iTunes, I get an error that the library table was created by a newer version of iTunes, and so it won't open. I will have to check out the VGA driver possibility. Everything else in iTunes works such as playing music and syncing with iPhone, just not doing anything related to the store.

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

See also Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. The steps in the second box perform a clean install which may let you run the current version of iTunes together with the recently updated graphics drive.

tt2

Sep 16, 2016 2:36 PM in response to norm123

I identified the problem as the inability to locate the file WebKitQuartzCoreAdditions.dll, which was not in the current Path environment variable.

Fix it like so:

Control Panel > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables>

then edit the Path variable by adding this to the end of the value:

;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support

I was able to find the error by filtering on iTunes in Marc Russinovich's ProcessMoniter.exe program.

You could also just copy the WebKitQuartzCoreAdditions.dll file to here:

C:\Program Files\iTunes\

I hope this works for others.

Error accessing Store after upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.