Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full justification and two-page viewing do not work correctly on iOS 10

I installed iOS 10 yesterday on my iPad Air 2 but have found that two functions do not work correctly in iBooks. First, full justification fails to work when the font size is increased to a certain level. In other words, full justification only functions when I reduce the font to an uncomfortably small size. It then automatically switches to left justification when I increase the font size to a comfortable level. This function, however, works perfectly on iOS 9.3.5. Second, as already posted by someone in this support community, the two-page viewing option also does not work properly. This function also stops working when the font is increased to certain size.

Does anyone have any solutions?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2016 11:32 PM

There isn't a fix. Apparently this is just how it is in the new iBooks. I would suggest we all leave feedback that we don't like this. It is a feature of iOS 10, so it's not going away unless we make a big noise about it. I just downgraded my iPad Mini so I don't have to deal with it.

www.apple.com/feedback/iBooks_iOS.html

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2016 11:32 PM in response to Aaron-SG

There isn't a fix. Apparently this is just how it is in the new iBooks. I would suggest we all leave feedback that we don't like this. It is a feature of iOS 10, so it's not going away unless we make a big noise about it. I just downgraded my iPad Mini so I don't have to deal with it.

www.apple.com/feedback/iBooks_iOS.html

Oct 13, 2016 3:53 PM in response to sanlee

Agreed. I was very happy with my ibook collection until now. Some of the books I have are very small type, when I increase the font size, full justification is gone and left with ragged edges on the right margin, even with full justification turned on! It did not used to do this, and I too will buy books from amazon again. I do not like to, since the ibooks quality is generally much higher. But I cannot read books that are not fully justified, you do not see any physical books printed that way! So I hope ibooks fixes this, I would really prefer to buy books there, but not until this glitch is fixed, which should not be difficult I wouldn't think. Very simply: I should be able to increase the font size as large as I want and still have full justification! This was never a problem until the most recent ios 10 update. Please fix.

Oct 22, 2016 5:58 AM in response to Aaron-SG

Just sent feedback to Apple for this absolutely unbearable problem. Don't forget, if you also go moaning up to the feodal king of the Silicon Valley, that there's also a problem of justification : as soon as the two-columns display disappears, please make notice that the text ceases to be fully-justified, which is extremely annoying with literature, for instance, or even for the sake of comfort. Apple users of all countries, unite...

(reply posted originally on Re: Two-page view not working correctly in iOS 10)

Thanks, hope this will be solved as quickly as possible, becomes a bit tricky to read La Recherche.

Full justification and two-page viewing do not work correctly on iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.