Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Update to WatchOs 3

Hi Guys,

Ever since the official update has been available for WatchOs 3, I cannot seem to do the update on my watch.

I click on Software update as you would, and it does comes up with 'watchOS 3 - waiting to install...'

then click on Install and enter my password,

THEN...

it says "Unable to Install Update - An error occurred installing the latest version of watchOS on your Apple Watch".

and just asks you to close the app.

I have updated my phone to iOS 10.

WatchOS is currently on 2.2.1

Both the phone and apple watch and iPhone are fully charged.

watch is on charge while I attempt it.

I am also on the wifi while I attempt it.

Also, I have tried doing a reset (when you hold the 2 buttons together) on both the watch and the iPhone, and STILL nothing!...

I really don't know why it doesn't work.

I'm not a developer, so I haven't installed any betas, profiles or even jailbreaks. Simply a standard user!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!....

Thanks

Swaad

Apple Watch, watchOS 2.2.1

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2016 6:13 PM

Hello ​iSwaad,
Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!
If you are unable to update to watchOS 3, recycle the power to your wireless modem/router to re-establish a connection to the internet. Then follow the steps in the resource below. I've highlighted the key information here. Click on the link for complete details.
Update the software on your Apple Watch

If you need help updating

Try these steps:

1. Make sure that your Apple Watch connects to its charger.
  2. Restart your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off, then drag the slider. To turn your watch on again, press and hold the side button.
  3. Restart your paired iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears, then drag the slider. To turn your iPhone on again, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
  4. Try to start the update again.

If the update won't start, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap General > Usage > Software Update, then delete the update file. After you delete the file, try to download and install watchOS again.

Take care.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2016 6:13 PM in response to iSwaad

Hello ​iSwaad,
Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!
If you are unable to update to watchOS 3, recycle the power to your wireless modem/router to re-establish a connection to the internet. Then follow the steps in the resource below. I've highlighted the key information here. Click on the link for complete details.
Update the software on your Apple Watch

If you need help updating

Try these steps:

1. Make sure that your Apple Watch connects to its charger.
  2. Restart your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off, then drag the slider. To turn your watch on again, press and hold the side button.
  3. Restart your paired iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears, then drag the slider. To turn your iPhone on again, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
  4. Try to start the update again.

If the update won't start, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap General > Usage > Software Update, then delete the update file. After you delete the file, try to download and install watchOS again.

Take care.

Unable to Update to WatchOs 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.