Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock Apple ID Compromised?

User uploaded fileHey guys, first post I've ever made here. I've got a problem. A HUGE problem. So here's the story: I dropped my iPhone in the toilet at work. (Thank God the toilet was cleaned 30 minutes prior to the swimming my iPhone did in the dark depths of the toilet.) So, that being said I have the Apple Upgrade Program which includes AppleCare+ which is totally awesome because it covers water damage. Anyways, I let my iPhone sit in a bag of rice as soon as I got home, and it started working a lot better today. But I still would like to exchange it for a new one because your phone will never be the same after it receives water damage. And so after it started operating normally, I plugged it into my computer and restored it so that when I go to the Apple Store first thing tomorrow, I can easily exchange it. So it successfully restores, and it updates to iOS 10 as well (previously was on iOS 9.3.3). But here's where the beef comes in: so I have it plugged into iTunes after it is finished updating, and it brings up the screen above. HERE'S THE PROBLEM: I don't have a clue whose Apple ID this is. It's definitely not mine (I have two and I know EXACTLY which one I have been using for Find My iPhone. Anyways, I tried logging in with my Apple IDs and guess what? None of them work. Not any of them. So I look around online, and I found one from Apple talking about what you can do if you can't get past Activation Lock. This solution was to log onto your iCloud that you have the phone initiated on. So I logged into the correct email address, and looked in my settings, and behold, right there was my iPhone 6S. The Apple article tells you to delete it so you can turn off Activation Lock for your iPhone. Well, I deleted it from my account. Guess what? Nothing happened. Which leads me to believe someone has compromised my phone from across the internet. Because I don't see how else this could happen. Nobody but my girlfriend ever touches my phone, and I know her emails. So anyways, I'm stuck, very upset about this, and just thought I'd reach out to the community for help or to seek others having this problem. Thanks.

- Haden

iPhone 6s, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 11:46 PM

7 replies

Sep 17, 2016 3:59 PM in response to Eric Root

Do you think that will work? I've been talking with Apple Support over the phone and I've had to send them pictures of my receipt and other stuff just so they can remove the activation lock so I can turn it into the store. I'm still waiting for them to approve it. This is such crap. I feel like I should be getting something out of this for the inconvenience. Now all I am left with is a $900 phone without the ability to use it. I feel like if I went into the store to try and exchange it, and by providing proof of purchase AND a photo ID, that I would still get denied because of this activation lock bullcrap.

Activation Lock Apple ID Compromised?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.