Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification sounds messed up after ios 10 update

I have updated into the ios 10. Amazing update and im loving it. But the notification in app like whatsapp and messenger is messed up. In whatsapp setting its "Note" but when i get the notification i get "Tritone". Even tho the i change the default setting to different sounds in the same "Tritone" comes when i receive some thing......

I heard some people are experiencing the same. Plz help

iOS 10

Posted on Sep 15, 2016 2:37 AM

26 replies

Jan 27, 2017 3:17 AM in response to IOSSachi

This is pathetic.

I have the exact same problem. Any third party apps - Facebook, Twitter etc... I am completely unable to change the tones. It lets me change them on the phone - I get the blue tick to say it's changed but I just get tri-tone.

I've done the hard reset , the complete uninstall, delete the apps and reinstall, restore the phone on the PC - everything.

This is is all over Google - Apple do nothing but blame third party app providers. Get a grip Apple sort this out !

May 7, 2017 3:52 AM in response to IOSSachi

I have other trouble - Telegram notification sounds totally not working. Not on the locked screen, not when the phone is unlocked. I have reinstalled the app, sounds started to work on unblocked screen, but not long, after few minutes the app turned mute again. And all the sound settings are turned on technically. The sound notices just don't work. It really annoys me, is there any solution?

Oct 4, 2016 1:24 PM in response to IOSSachi

My phone won't ring just vibrates when I get a call. When I reboot it, it decides on a tone it chooses instead of the one I assign. But this only fixes it temporarily, I have to occasionally call myself to see if the ringer is still working. When I have the volume off while playing a game I don't hear message alerts like I did pre-update. Once I tried calling myself on a land line to see if my phone was ringing and it immediately went to voicemail. They need to put an update out soon.

Notification sounds messed up after ios 10 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.