Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I migrate Outlook PST to apple mail MBOX ?

I am using Outlook 2010 and need to migrate my Outlook pst emails ]to apple Mail. Can I directly import PST files in apple mail?

MS Outlook-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 15, 2016 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2017 5:46 PM

I found a simple way after reading posts/online articles. From Outlook, drag the folder that is in your .pst file to your computer, it may take a minute depending upon how many emails are there. I have 12 folders, so now I have 12 .mbox files on my desktop. Import these files from Mail, File, Import Mailboxes, select .mbox and that's it. Worked for me.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2017 5:46 PM in response to Steve Harold

I found a simple way after reading posts/online articles. From Outlook, drag the folder that is in your .pst file to your computer, it may take a minute depending upon how many emails are there. I have 12 folders, so now I have 12 .mbox files on my desktop. Import these files from Mail, File, Import Mailboxes, select .mbox and that's it. Worked for me.

Jun 27, 2017 8:30 PM in response to Steve Harold

Migration of Windows Outlook PST File to Apple mail can be done with the manual method. User just needs some technical knowledge. However, In case if the user is not technically strong then they can use third party tool like Stellar PST to MBOX Converter for Mac.

Note: I don’t have any prior experience with this software so I suggest you use its demo version.

You can get its demo version from: https://www.stellarinfo.com/email-tools/outlook-to-apple-mail.php

Dec 15, 2017 7:54 PM in response to Csound1

I also find for many solution in google/bing but there is not solve my issues...

I try this tool it's better for other program to completely fix my issues and finally export my Outlook 2013 PST file to MBOX format with my all attachments ..!

I can share my experience, you can try this third party tool to fix and migrate Outlook PST file into MBOX format without losing any data.

<Edited by Host>

Dec 16, 2017 12:06 AM in response to Steve Harold

Limitations of Manual Process to Import Outlook PST File to Apple Mail

1) Technical Expertise Required:

The migration process requires an in-depth understanding of Thunderbird folder location and migration.

2) Confusing Process:

The process to import Outlook to Apple Mail is not for a home or non-technical user.

3) Data Integrity Not Ensured:

There are chances that some data may be lost if steps are not followed correctly.

4) Not a Professional Approach:

Companies require that each migrated data must be in the exact same format as in the original context. The Outlook to Apple Mail conversion process must be without any data loss for legal purposes.

The manual solution can be applied for a limited number of emails. It is not an adequate choice for moving mailboxes across platforms in an organization.
<Edited by Host>

How do I migrate Outlook PST to apple mail MBOX ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.