Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Tiny font using mail in iOS 10

After updating to iOS10, the font in the body of emails is really small, too small to read. I have to zoom in, but then I have to scroll left and right to read each line. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Sep 15, 2016 8:11 PM in response to Rob Broadbent In response to Rob Broadbent

I'm having this problem also. Updated to iOS 10 yesterday and ever since emails I normally get and are readable (even if they are wider - I just have to scroll to the side) are now tiny font and unreadable. Not all messages. Just some (i.e. bank transaction alerts). Both newly received email as well as older before the upgrade. I've tried resizing fonts/text in various places:

Settings-Accessibility-Larger Text

Settings-Accessibility-Zoom

Settings-Display & Brightness-Text Size

Settings-Display & Brightness-View (Display Zoom)

as well as double-tapping the message

-----all to no avail!

Sep 16, 2016 12:08 PM in response to PitSteelerGal In response to PitSteelerGal

No, someone posted this unconfirmed info on the iMore site, which is running hot with hundreds of problem threads for iOS 10. I have googled this problem to death and no-one is really addressing it officially, yet many people are having this problem which is a critical one! I hope Apple really is addressing this because as I've stated above its aggravating and rendered my email accounts (including my work ones) UNUSABLE on my iPhone, which is WHY I HAVE A FREAKING iPhone in the first place!

I have a few other issues I've posted on here and elsewhere with more frustrating idiotic problems as a result of this iOS 10 rollout - which was obviously released half-baked. Really disappointed in Apple.

If this is the new normal without Steve Jobs and these issues are not fixed quickly I'm dumping iPhone forever and going back to Android...

Sep 16, 2016 8:29 AM in response to choynes In response to choynes

I found this on iMore (http://forums.imore.com/ios-10/372585-let-s-hear-problems-people-facing-using-io s-10-a-6.html) - don't know how reliable it is but at least its an answer...

User uploaded file Originally Posted by Tarheel ATW

After downloading IOS10 on both my iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2, the incoming email font size is very tiny..... and cannot be adjusted using the "larger text" option under Accessibility. I called Apple Support and they said there is no way to currently fix this in IOS 10. Anyone else having this problem? Its very frustrating.

yups i am experiencing it too on my 6. but apple is working on the it and within a week it will be rectified

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Sep 15, 2016 8:11 PM in response to Rob Broadbent In response to Rob Broadbent

I'm having this problem also. Updated to iOS 10 yesterday and ever since emails I normally get and are readable (even if they are wider - I just have to scroll to the side) are now tiny font and unreadable. Not all messages. Just some (i.e. bank transaction alerts). Both newly received email as well as older before the upgrade. I've tried resizing fonts/text in various places:

Settings-Accessibility-Larger Text

Settings-Accessibility-Zoom

Settings-Display & Brightness-Text Size

Settings-Display & Brightness-View (Display Zoom)

as well as double-tapping the message

-----all to no avail!

Sep 15, 2016 8:11 PM

Reply Helpful (14)

Sep 15, 2016 9:49 PM in response to rdlampitt In response to rdlampitt

I had the same issue.. after upgrading to iOS-10 all of my emails (in the native iOS Mail app) were in a tiny almost unreadable font. I restarted my phone (off/on) and that fixed the issue.. font size is back to normal.

Sep 15, 2016 9:49 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

Sep 15, 2016 9:53 PM in response to Rob Broadbent In response to Rob Broadbent

I had the same issue.. after upgrading to iOS-10 all of my emails (in the native iOS Mail app) were in a tiny almost unreadable font. I restarted my phone (off/on) and that fixed the issue.. font size is back to normal.

Sep 15, 2016 9:53 PM

Reply Helpful (2)

Sep 16, 2016 8:29 AM in response to choynes In response to choynes

I found this on iMore (http://forums.imore.com/ios-10/372585-let-s-hear-problems-people-facing-using-io s-10-a-6.html) - don't know how reliable it is but at least its an answer...

User uploaded file Originally Posted by Tarheel ATW

After downloading IOS10 on both my iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2, the incoming email font size is very tiny..... and cannot be adjusted using the "larger text" option under Accessibility. I called Apple Support and they said there is no way to currently fix this in IOS 10. Anyone else having this problem? Its very frustrating.

yups i am experiencing it too on my 6. but apple is working on the it and within a week it will be rectified

Sep 16, 2016 8:29 AM

Reply Helpful (5)

Sep 16, 2016 12:08 PM in response to PitSteelerGal In response to PitSteelerGal

No, someone posted this unconfirmed info on the iMore site, which is running hot with hundreds of problem threads for iOS 10. I have googled this problem to death and no-one is really addressing it officially, yet many people are having this problem which is a critical one! I hope Apple really is addressing this because as I've stated above its aggravating and rendered my email accounts (including my work ones) UNUSABLE on my iPhone, which is WHY I HAVE A FREAKING iPhone in the first place!

I have a few other issues I've posted on here and elsewhere with more frustrating idiotic problems as a result of this iOS 10 rollout - which was obviously released half-baked. Really disappointed in Apple.

If this is the new normal without Steve Jobs and these issues are not fixed quickly I'm dumping iPhone forever and going back to Android...

Sep 16, 2016 12:08 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

Sep 16, 2016 1:16 PM in response to choynes In response to choynes

Too bad restarting your phone didn't fix it for you.. I'm really happy it worked for me.. because like you, email is one of the main reasons that I have a smartphone and the tiny text made email unusable. My optimistic guess is that hopefully there will be an iOS-10 update soon that will fix the issue for everyone (I'd bet within less than a week given the importance of email).

I ditched Microsoft and switched to Apple/Mac almost a decade ago when the quality of the Windows OS went from "buggy but usable" to abysmal.. and I've never looked back. Since then, I've been a content Apple user (for the most part) but I agree with you.. hopefully this isn't foreshadowing of a decline in Apple software quality. I really don't understand how the Mail tiny text issue wasn't identified prior to rolling out iOS-10 since Mail is not an obscure app but a core and highly-used app.. maybe the beta testers and/or Apple QA team are to blame?

Either way, I'll give Apple a chance before knocking on Google's door for an Android due to my concerns with Google's handling of security and privacy. Keeping in mind that Apple's revenues are driven by hardware while Google's revenues are driven by advertising.. as in, Google needs your data to make money..

Sep 16, 2016 1:16 PM

Reply Helpful

Sep 19, 2016 7:59 AM in response to Rob Broadbent In response to Rob Broadbent

I Had this problem. I went to mail settings and turned off "complete thread" , then shut down the mail app, restarted it, then went back to the settings, turned it back on, shut down the mail app again, then started it. Now it's fine.

Sep 19, 2016 7:59 AM

Reply Helpful (10)

Sep 19, 2016 2:12 PM in response to Dina Leah In response to Dina Leah

Rebooting would not technically kill the app. You will have to double tap the home button and swipe the mail app up, so it gets disappeared (That is killing the app). Try opening the mail app again and see if the text is still small.

Sep 19, 2016 2:12 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Rob Broadbent

Question: Tiny font using mail in iOS 10