Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

world clock to analog in the new iso 10 update?

How do you change the world clock to analog in the new iso 10 update? You could do it before and now I don't see how to change it.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 15, 2016 11:27 AM

19 replies

Jun 7, 2017 10:19 AM in response to pshute

I agree, why should we be forced to "install yet another app to have something that used to be built in." Storage memory on an iPhone4/5 is very limited; I prefer to save it for other things.

There is an app (World Clock Today Widget on the App Store) that looks to me like what I remember the iOS9 world clock to be; darkgrey background if London is night while San Jose is daylight and white... (just in case the iOS programmers need a reminder). And why not have an "inverse" switch so some can have black and some can have white screen? The white is already "softened" when the "night mode" kicks in, so maybe black is not really required? (though some like it so, option it)

Sep 16, 2016 2:22 PM in response to EliaKay

That's something I miss, too. In addition, I don't see a way to see a *single* time if you're using this as a bedside clock. I like having a way to tell time for various cities where I have friends, but that means a bit of confusion in the middle of the night. All in all, I like iOS 10, but this one feature is a little odd, unless Apple doesn't mean for us to use Clock as a "regular" clock.

Oct 9, 2016 1:50 PM in response to Synthetic Sovereign

Synthetic Sovereign wrote:

I haven't found a way to see "seconds" with the new update. I may just be missing it, but if they're gone, that super bugs me.

The author of this post has pointed out that the second hand is displayed on the app icon:

https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/7677113

It's a bit tiny to be very useful, but better than nothing if you're unwilling to install yet another app to have something that used to be built in.

Looking at the battery life estimates for watches like the Pebble, it appears that displaying the seconds costs significant battery life, but if that's their justification for removing it, why display it on the app icon? Can anyone tell me if the old app icon used to display the second hand?

Nov 6, 2016 10:50 AM in response to EliaKay

That is something I miss also (I really liked the "Swiss Railway" Analog Clock Face). In addition, I don't like the Dark Background as much. I do like to be able to tell time for various cities where I have friends. On balance, I like iOS 10.1.1, but this feature is a little odd, with out the sweep second hand to use Clock as a tool to set (synchronize) ("hack") a watch or clock to precision.

world clock to analog in the new iso 10 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.