Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs are not in alphabetical order

I just updated my iphone 5S to ios10 and I realised that the songs in my music are no longer sorted in alphabetical order by song title but by artist. I find it really tricky to find a song I like since I usually search them by the song title and not the artist.

Is there a way to sort the songs in a alphabetical order by song titles instead of artists?

Thank you.

(Hope this makes sense, English is my third language)

iPhone 5s, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 15, 2016 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2017 12:12 PM

It is no longer in Settings. If you go to the Music app, then if you go to Library, click on the area that you are wishing to sort. If you go to Songs, look in the upper right corner for the word Sort, tap on that and then it will bring up the choices at the bottom of the screen, Title or Artist.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2017 12:12 PM in response to rtstar

It is no longer in Settings. If you go to the Music app, then if you go to Library, click on the area that you are wishing to sort. If you go to Songs, look in the upper right corner for the word Sort, tap on that and then it will bring up the choices at the bottom of the screen, Title or Artist.

Oct 13, 2016 9:30 PM in response to Foreveryoung917

Foreveryoung917 wrote:

Thanks!!!!! Why Apple feels the need to change things around for the worse is beyond me. Making changes to justify updating every other month is stupid. Remember the old adage ..if it ain't broke don't fix it ....SMH

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum. If you wish to share your dislike with Apple, then use the feedback link here, http://www.apple.com/feedback and click on the appropriate subject area.

Songs are not in alphabetical order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.