Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install Legacy Java SE 6 for El Capitan 10.11.6?

How do I install Legacy Java SE 6 run time on my Desktop Mac? After I updated to OS X to El Capitan (10.11.6) my Adobe Creative Suite CS5 stopped working. It “will not” function/start. It says I need the Java command-line tool to install a JDK. What??? I have it downloaded to the desktop, but now I don’t know where to put it... -Arg.. I have an important project due. Please help me gang! Thanks soooo much!

Apple TV, iOS 8.1, Bluetooth Concerns

Posted on Sep 15, 2016 3:37 PM

15 replies

Aug 21, 2017 5:16 PM in response to Community User

bilbobaggins44 wrote:

That installer in the package won't work on my iMac OS 10.10.5. Anybody know what I can do. Mainly need to get Java 6 Runtime working for Abobe Suite 5

What exactly do you mean it won't work on OS X 10.10.5? It works on all these versions…

Java for OS X 2015-001 installs the legacy Java 6 runtime for OS X 10.11 El Capitan, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X 10.7 Lion.

Aug 21, 2017 6:07 PM in response to dialabrain

The installer is damaged according to the dialogue box when the Package is double clicked. The disc image mounts and lets the Package\Installer bee accessed but then the error message\alert comes up.

Aug 21, 2017 2:34 AM in response to braden85

That installer in the package won't work on my iMac OS 10.10.5. Anybody know what I can do. Mainly need to get Java 6 Runtime working for Abobe Suite 5

How do I install Legacy Java SE 6 for El Capitan 10.11.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.