Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10 facebook "arrived at home" showing up at the bottom of my screen

this keeps showing up and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to stop, and just go away. Can anyone help?User uploaded file

iPhone 5s

Posted on Sep 15, 2016 10:19 PM

12 replies

Mar 20, 2017 6:22 PM in response to seconyers

Yes i was dealing with the same exact problem for months now. after endless scrolling to find the solution i have found the answer.

settings ----> General ----> Spotlight Search

in spotlight search you can then off certain app that have been bugging you with the "notification arrived at home" thing. or turn off siri suggestions, like i did, to turn off everything. hope this helps!! :-)

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Sep 16, 2016 5:58 PM in response to seconyers

So far I have actually gotten 3 different messages like this when I double-click on the home button. But only sometimes. Guess there could be more also that maybe haven't show up yet. Anyway the ones I have gotten are...

1. 'Arrived at home', (like you, except mine shows a different app than Facebook).

2. 'Based on your current location' (this associated with a completely different app).

3. "Headphones" connected (same app as 'Arrived at home').

I had this same thing happen about 8 or 9 months ago after one of the earlier IOS upgrades but was able to fix it by turning off some things in settings. (Unfortunately now I don't remember exactly what). Started happening again though when I installed IOS 10. Now I have gone through Settings and turned off everything I can think of, and, short of letting the battery run down these silly things still show up. (Like I really want my financial calculator app telling me 'Based on your current location'). And when you touch them it opens the stupid program.

No one seems to even know what these things are or what to call them... messages, notification, alerts, badges... what? All I know is they're totally, utterly, useless and I don't want them.

iOS 10 facebook "arrived at home" showing up at the bottom of my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.