Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a bug in shuffle songs? iOS 10.0.1

Love that I can delete (remove) the next song in shuffle mode, but the songs i delete seem to reappear after a song or two have been played. The first one i remove is skipped, but suddenly songs I know I removed are played.

Is there a setting I have overlooked, or is this a bug others experience as well?

User uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 16, 2016 2:59 AM

29 replies

Sep 16, 2016 6:47 AM in response to Robert Ronning

I also have this issue.

I have figured out the following (to allow anyone to track the bug):

While some music is playing.

- Remove a random song from the up next list.

- At that moment the removed song disappears and won't be played in principle.

- When the current song finishes and switch to the next one, then the removed song reappears in its original position.

This happens with any combination: shuffle mode, non-shuffle mode, playing a playlist or all the songs in the phone.

So it seems to be a clear bug in the new Music app.

Sep 22, 2016 12:34 AM in response to Robert Ronning

Here's a work around I found that seems to work....

Instead of deleting (Remove) songs in the Up Next playlist try reordering them by grabbing them on the right side of the song box where the three parallel lines are showing. Reorder the songs you preference to the top of the Up Next list - a kind of "bubble up" approach since the Up Next list's Remove feature is currently broken and unusable in iOS10.

Warning though: if you do Remove a song in this process it screws the whole thing up when the currently playing song changes to the next song. 😟

Funny thing is - to allow reordering of songs and get the three parallel lines to show in the song boxes - "Repeat" must be selected Off in iOS10. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that in iOS9 reordering of songs was allowed in the Up Next list regardless of the condition of Shuffle or Repeat.

Anyhow, hope this helps you work around the current deficiencies in the UP Next list in iOS10.

Sep 28, 2016 8:56 AM in response to Robert Ronning

Just want to post what I have found with iOS 10.0.2 and Music Up Next list...

If you are still having trouble with removed songs reappearing back into the Up Next list, I seem to have found a way to get all the song removed from the Up Next list to stay removed and not "magically" return when the current song switiches to the next song.

After removing songs from the Up Next list - change the order of at least one song in the list. That seems to lock-in the "remove" changes that get ignored when the current playing song changes. Don't know why???

I found this by trial and error after noticing the removals would sometimes return (and sometimes not) when the song changed. I narrowed it down to moving the order of at least one song to get the removed songs to stay locked out. If the only edit I make is song removals, without changing any song's order, then the removed songs return to the list when the current playing song changes.

I'm not sure why Apple chooses to make removing a song from the Up Next list a two step process for each song (swipe Left, then hit Remove) but when you want to remove a whole bunch of emails from, say, Mail you can do it in one big batch at a time with an Edit/Done window. The Up Next list should have an Edit/Done option like any other list within Apple.

Anyhow, that's what I've found - hope it helps.

Q.

Sep 30, 2016 11:01 PM in response to Robert Ronning

Apple's new music app is the worst thing they've released since Steve Jobs died and I'd like to think he'd have the team responsible for this mess fired pronto! They removed history from songs played, there’s this stupefying bug with music reappearing - how did that get past them? There's still no way to skip back to a song you’ve added to a shuffle after it’s been played – the player skips back to the songs that played prior to the one you added. it always has and I've always found this to be stupefying. It’s awful and I’m surprisingly bothered by all the changes. I’m seriously thinking about rolling back my iPod to iOS9. That music player’s functionality was FAR superior IMO.

Seriously Apple: fix your music player. You made the iPod and now this? Shame on you!

Oct 3, 2016 2:01 PM in response to dstrangis5

Same thing for me! And it is literally driving me crazy! I am just not going to use the iTunes on my iPhone and just listen to the radio in the car. And, use my iPod (that I haven't updated to 10.0.2) so that I can shuffle songs while I work out. Its a shame, they can't fix this, people have major money tied up in their iTunes music. Thanks for posting and have a good day!

Is there a bug in shuffle songs? iOS 10.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.