Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard is hanging with iOS 10

Hi, I'm using a iPhone 6 plus for two years. I decided to take part of the iOS 10 beta program beginning with beta 1. It feels like the problem occurs since beta 4 or 5. It even occurs with the final release that has been released last week to beta users. Since the official release of iOS 10 my iPhone said it's already up to date. So I made a backup with iTunes, deleted the beta Profile, restored the iPhone with a brand new Image downloaded with iTunes and played back my backup, yesterday. The problem still exists.

Since the Feedback app was hanging for the last betas, (it says its compressing Feedbacks while it will never finish this), I decided to call you guys. Apple has only written back to Feedbacks that were irrelevant. For real problems I've never got any replay...

Here's the Problem:

I'm just using one German software keyboard. That one that comes with the iPhone. I’m using my Phone without any Problems for hours. At some point, using any app (doesn't matter which one) the keyboard is stopping to work. For Example, I replay to an iMessage. While I'm typing and entering the space bar the keyboard is hanging up. I then need to close the app because I can't touch anything in it. When I restart the App its going to hang at the same Point of typing again. In this example I had to enter my mail address, the hung up starts with entering the dot (.). Later on the auto correction suggests me the first part of my mail address (in front of the at @ symbol). When I choose that suggestion and tab on it, the keyboard is working find. But if I clear the free space after the word and entered the at @ symbol, the keyboard starts hanging again. I could close the app and doing this several times.

It seems like the auto correction is responsible for this kind of error.

I've already changed the auto correction Settings to "all off" or on standard "all on". Doesn't make a difference.

The problem occurs on iPhones from my colleagues too. So I have an iPhone 6 plus, the colleague has iPhone 6 and one other iPhone 6S.

All were updated over iTunes on different days.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Christian

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10, keyboard

Posted on Sep 16, 2016 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2016 9:32 PM

I have the same problem as of 09/18/2017 I had tried hard or factory reset several times, but the keyboard seems to freeze, unable to to type .. hopefully they find a fix on this, and one other thing I noticed is that doing hard reset the screen of the phone shows different colors everytime...

22 replies

Sep 23, 2016 1:02 AM in response to ctrprivat

2 of my friends have the same problem. Updated their iphone 6 and 6plus to ios10 and keyboard freezes in imessage and email.

Spoke to Apple support and all they could suggest is resetting to factory settings and setting up as a new phone.

Went to Genius bar. They diagnose an issue in the software but could not tell what it was. The Genius managed to solve the problem in store (by chance) by turning off spell check, but the issue has now returned.

Oct 3, 2016 2:40 PM in response to ctrprivat

This is in my opinion a bug in IOS 10 that is not affecting anyone in order to have problems you just need to have enabled in serttings for your keyboard check spelling and "." And use a lot your key lard between apps. When having symptoms you go to settings and disable this two options and your keyboard will not get stucked again neither mirror tool to check letters of your word will not dissapear after typing . I think phone got stucked for a glytch accesing spelling realtime and point disable the option to check letter of your typing words when writting hope development team can take a look and fix this that was working great with ios 9.3

thanks

Oct 6, 2016 9:46 AM in response to ctrprivat

I have the same problem with an IPhony 6 plus after ios 10 update. Turned off predictive, spell check and auto correct and it seems to work for now. But what a lame solution that is. Wife has the same issue on her iphone 6 plus so fix it apple dont sell something for 800.00 and break it a year later that something a crook would do

Oct 25, 2016 2:21 PM in response to ctrprivat

Same problem on both iPhone 6 and new iPhone 7. Disabling Auto-correction, Check spelling and Predictive helped with problem showing up occasionally. Just upgraded to iOs10.1 and its worse then ever even with above disabled - DON'T UPGRADE TO iOS10.1

Only solution according to Apple is to reload as new phone and reinstall all aps. This problem showed up with upgrade to iOS10 - FIX IT APPLE...

UPDATE: installed Google keyboard and my problem seems to be gone as of now.

Keyboard is hanging with iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.