Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music download library new iPhone

Hi,

I have just got a new iPhone and restored from an iTunes back up. It has all worked perfectly with the exception of my apple music library.

The library is showing all the same music (from my iCloud music library); however, there are no downloads on the new phone (no locally stored music). Is there a way to download all the music that was saved on my previous phone or do I have to download all music album by album, which would be rather tedious.

Previously when my music was synced via my mac iTunes library, when restoring from the back-up of my old phone all the music was transferred also. I am looking to replicate this in essence.

Thanks

Chris

Posted on Sep 16, 2016 3:07 PM

3 replies

Sep 16, 2016 6:57 PM in response to tipyourbartenderchris

After upgrading to Ios 10, I discovered that the toggle switch for Apple Music had defaulted to "ON". I had a small playlist on the phone, and realized that some of the songs had changed versions and even artists. I connected to itunes on my PC, removed the playlist, and then re-synced it to restore it as it was before the upgrade. I have no use for Apple Music or the effects of the i-cloud. Hence, if you are planning on upgrading, remove your playlists from your phone first and then after the install is complete, make sure to toggle the Apple Music to OFF before you restore your playlists!

Sep 16, 2016 11:09 PM in response to JAWONE48

Thanks for the reply, but Its not quite the solution I'm after.

The thing is, I do use both apple music and the iCloud library and want to continue to do this. Before I started using apple music I would sync all my music from my mac to my phone, so when I got a new phone the same music would be be transferred to the new phone.

But as apple music and iCloud music library you don't sync music with the mac, the music hasn't transferred with the restore of my old phone. So whilst I can 'see' all the music, it isn't downloaded to my new phone. I had approximately 30gb of music on the phone and don't want to have to re-download all of this album by album from apple music to the new phone. Is there a more simple way to do this?

I am also going to have to do the same with my wife's phone so would take ages!!

Thanks again.

Chris

Oct 19, 2016 2:32 AM in response to tipyourbartenderchris

Hey, I had the very same problem. I had over 4000 songs downloaded from Apple Music for offline listening on my iPod.

After the iOS 10 update about a month back. Boom there was nothing on the iPod. Just Clouds everywhere. Now I am downloading all the music over again and thats about 60 Gigs.

Haven't tried the Playlist thing that I have been reading, but downloading song by song currently.

The bigger problem is what happens with the next big iOS update. I have downloaded songs 3rice already.

Any suggestions anybody. If there is a simpler way !

All the Best

Singh

apple music download library new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.