Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New 'Messages' at bottom of iPhone screen - IOS 10

Since downloading IOS 10, so far I have actually gotten 3 different messages that I don't know what are at the bottom of my iPhone screen when I double-click on the home button. The below is a picture someone else posted showing what it looks like on their phone. Mine shows another app besides Facebook, but otherwise looks the same.

User uploaded file

These things only show up sometimes. Anyway the ones I have gotten are...

1. 'Arrived at home', (like the above, except, like I said, mine shows a different app than Facebook).

2. 'Based on your current location' (this associated with a completely different app).

3. "Headphones" connected (same app as 'Arrived at home').

Guess there could be more messages also that maybe haven't show up yet.

I had this same thing happen about 8 or 9 months ago after one of the earlier IOS upgrades but was able to fix it by turning off some things in settings. (Unfortunately now I don't remember exactly what). Started happening again though when I installed IOS 10. Now I have gone through Settings and turned off everything I can think of, and, short of letting the battery run down these silly things still show up. (Like I really want my financial calculator app telling me 'Based on your current location'). And when you touch the message it opens the stupid program.

No one seems to even know what these things are or what to call them... messages, notification, alerts, badges... what? All I know is they're totally, utterly, useless and I don't want them.

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 16, 2016 6:13 PM

There are no replies.

New 'Messages' at bottom of iPhone screen - IOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.