Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not Activate iPhone

I got iPhone 7 256GB Jet Black today. I have sirius problem with new iPhone, which is it is not activated at all.

Here is What I did.

• Use Wifi, LTE, and iTunes to activate the phone. Phone keeps saying Could not Activate iPhone, and iTunes is saying "your request Couldn't be Processed."
  • I went to the Verizon to activate the phone. They even change the SIM card, but it did not work, and they suggest me to call Apple customer service.
  • I called Apple Customer Service, and they don't know what is going on.
  • Finally I visited Apple Store.
    • They reset the phone, and change SIM. It did not work.
    • One of technician says he did not see this kind of situation before even he worked there more than 2 years.

What is going on my Phone? Is there anyway to fix this one? If it does not work, do I need to reorder the phone and wait almost 2 months? (It does not sound like a plan.)

Please help me.

iPhone 7, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 16, 2016 10:37 PM

14 replies

Sep 18, 2016 7:04 AM in response to AndyKim1228

Same issue, same phone (iPhone 7, 256gb, Jet Black). But, I am on Sprint. I cannot get past the activation process, I get the same error message each time after entering my "Billing Zip Code" and "Account PIN":

"Sprint was unable to verify your identity using the information you entered. It could be as simple as a typo. Please re-check your information and try again."

I've obviously re-checked it numerous times. I also went to my local Sprint store and they tried everything: entered the billing zip and account PIN straight from my account screen, used a new SIM, etc... I called the 1-800-MY-IPHONE number (given to you after so many failed attempts) while at the Sprint store and spoke to them for a good 45min with no luck.

Just as others have mentioned, they escalated my case to "Apple Engineers". That was yesterday afternoon. I called again today, but no updates have been posted to my case number.

Day 3 working through this problem with no luck. Frustrating.

Sep 18, 2016 8:09 AM in response to BlinkCherokee

I was finally able to get my phone fixed and working. Like BlinkCherokee, that's exactly where I was stuck. They sent me up to apple engineers who were able to to a tweak to the billing zip and social. Turns out I actually had a bad sim card. But Blink, try these 2 methods, then I would go do a walk in genius bar appointment

1. For billing, do 00000. For social, do 0000.

2. If that doesn't work, try a previous zip, and the regular last 4 digits.

If neither of those work, maybe even try apple support 1 more time, and ask to have engineering change your billing and zip to all 0's. That will bypass the communication between your carrier and apple.

Good luck!

Sep 18, 2016 9:29 AM in response to KahnArtist

I got past the activation screen!

Your mention of "social" was the ticket. For Sprint users it asks for your "Billing Zip Code" and "Account PIN". The account PIN is used anytime you talk to Sprint, make an account change, etc... to verify your identity. For example, at the Sprint store they asked for my account PIN before they could access my information. It's a 6-10 digit code you setup when you first opened your account.

It sounds like they are the only ones to use this method (Billing Zip + Account PIN), versus what others have mentioned of Billing Zip + Last 4 of your SSN.

Here is what the Sprint activation screen looks like on my phone:

User uploaded file

And, the dreaded error:

User uploaded file

When you mentioned "social" I thought I'd give it a shot. I entered my billing zip code as usual and the last 4 of my SSN. Boom, it worked!

It looks like my activation was setup with my social instead of the account pin as it indicates you should enter. I'm surprised no one at Apple mentioned trying that instead.

Once I got past the activation screen, it continued the setup process. When my phone completed my backup and started it was still not activated on Sprint. So, I just went to the Sprint site and did a quick chat (as I had done previously) and asked them to activate the new phone. This time it worked with no problems, I am up and running.

Thanks again for your suggestion. For anyone else using Sprint with this problem, I'd try using the last 4 digits of your SSN versus your account PIN.

Could not Activate iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.