Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone can not be restored (error 2009, 2006)

i have iphone 6s stuck in recovery mode.

i tried to restore it on 3 pcs, with 2 apple cables.

i tried everything what i found on internet but when iTunes unpack software, iPhone restart and stuck at apple logo. And iTunes get error 2009. then i must shut it down and connect to iTunes. sorry for bad english.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Sep 17, 2016 4:18 AM

4 replies

Aug 5, 2017 12:55 PM in response to rjvaughn

Did you actually read the linked article? The OP specifically stated they were using PCs. On a PC, 3rd party antivirus software or firewalls are the most likely cause of this error.

Instead of hijacking a thread that's been dead for almost a year, why don't you post your own question in a new thread and actually supply some information that could be used for troubleshooting.

iphone can not be restored (error 2009, 2006)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.