Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocked Iphone 7

I live in Turkey but i'll be in Usa about 2 weeks later. I want to buy an Iphone 7 from there but i can't find Iphone 7 without carriers(unlocked). How can i buy unlocked Iphone 7 or if I buy an Iphone 7 which has one of these carriers; i can use my phone in Turkey with Vodafone ?

iOS 10, null

Posted on Sep 17, 2016 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2016 10:55 PM

Apple is not currently offering iPhone 7 without a carrier,

nor has Apple announced if/when it will do so. Currently there

are very few iPhone 7 models available to walk-in buyers.

Warranty will be valid only in the US and some features such

as 4G/LTE may not work in Turkey. Apple recommends that

you purchase your iPhone where you intend to use it most.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2016 10:55 PM in response to 07ozdemir90

Apple is not currently offering iPhone 7 without a carrier,

nor has Apple announced if/when it will do so. Currently there

are very few iPhone 7 models available to walk-in buyers.

Warranty will be valid only in the US and some features such

as 4G/LTE may not work in Turkey. Apple recommends that

you purchase your iPhone where you intend to use it most.

Sep 18, 2016 10:56 PM in response to 07ozdemir90

They don't usually start selling unlocked phones immediately. Go to Canada for one. Remember that some models are sold-out in store. Apple warranty is international. If you ever have a problem, even with a reseller or premium reseller you should be able to resolve it. iPhone 7 Plus Model A1784 sold in Canada supports bands 3 (1800mhz) and 7 (2600mhz) from your country.

Sep 17, 2016 7:33 AM in response to felipex

felipex wrote:

They don't usually start selling unlocked phones immediately. Go to Canada for one. Remember that some models are sold-out in store.

This is correct.

felipex wrote:

Apple warranty is international. If you ever have a problem, even with a reseller or premium reseller you should be able to resolve it.

This is 100% incorrect.

iPhone warranties, are not, and have never been international. They are almost always limited to the country of purchase.

The only exception to that is the European Union, which is considered a single country for warranty purposes.

That means you can buy an iPhone in France and get it serviced under warranty in Germany for instance with no issues.

Buy an iPhone anywhere else, and you will have to return to that country for service.

Sep 17, 2016 7:38 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I serviced an iPhone 5S bought in Chile on an Apple Store in New York, and an iPhone 6 Plus (from Chile as well) in Sydney. Same with my Apple Watch bought in USA I used Apple's Warranty in Australia. And you're right, Apple doesn't accept international shipments for repairs, but he doesn't have to ship it anywhere, just has to go to one of the local oficial resellers in Turkey.

Sep 17, 2016 7:43 AM in response to felipex

Not sure how you managed that. Apple makes a point about warranty being restricted to the country of sale in their terms of service.

These forums are filled with posts about Apple denying service for an iPhone purchased outside the country it was tried to be serviced in.

Other Apple products such as the Apple Watch, computers, non-cellular iPads, etc.. can and should be serviced outside of the country of purchase without any major issues.

iPhone's and cellular iPads generally are limited because they have country specific cellular hardware, and cannot be replaced should it be required.

Sep 17, 2016 7:59 AM in response to felipex

The iPhone 6 Plus camera issue was also indicated that it had to be done in the country of purchase. I've seen numerous posts here of others that tried what you claim. I'm very surprised you got that done. The headphones, while covered under the warranty for the iPhone, would not matter as far as the phone is concerned, and was not really an issue for them to replace.

Either way, as Phil0124 has said, Apple states the iPhone warranty is not international, and should continue to be presented in that manner. An exception is just that, an exception.

Sep 17, 2016 2:24 PM in response to felipex

I never said you asked for an exemption, but that is what it was. In contrast to your experience, I've don't know of anyone that has gotten a device serviced here that did not purchase it in the US. Either way, your experience is done and over with and it is best to inform people of Apple's policy, which is that devices will only be serviced in the country of purchase, except the EU, where members are considered a single country.

Unlocked Iphone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.