Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.11.6 installer download

When 10.11.1 was released, I downloaded the installer app from the Mac app store. I've used combo updates since then, now at 10.11.6. I want to get the 10.11.6 installer app so I can create a 10.11.6 installer USB. However, when I re-download the installer app in the store, I still get the 10.11.1 app, not 10.11.6. I know this by mounting the InstallESD.dmg, and all the dates are from September 2015.

Is there any way to force the download of the 10.11.6 installer app? Thanks.

Posted on Sep 17, 2016 7:25 PM

2 replies

Sep 19, 2016 8:57 AM in response to nospamboz

I can assure you if you re-download the full installer from the Mac App Store it currently gives you 10.11.6. I have done this myself to build a 10.11.6 installer USB, and a 10.11.6 installer for DeployStudio.

Make sure you first delete any existing copies, this includes copies on external drives. (Or eject the external drives.) Then go to the Mac App Store, select previous purchases and then click download to re-download the El Capitan installer.

The semi-official way to double-check the version you downloaded is as follows.

http://loefflmann.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/finding-os-x-version-and-build-in-insta ll-os-x-app.html

10.11.6 installer download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.