Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover an old itunes account

So back when I first got an ipod , my parents had it setup, and then gave it to me. That meant that they used their email. After getting a new phone (as well as a new apple id) I realized that I wanted to recover some game data and other apps. Ive tried getting into this email and have not managed to do it. So I am unsure of the password for the apple id, and I cannot send a verification email. I realize now that it was remarkably stupid to just select a random year and month when my birth date was requested. As of now I am locked out of the apple id, with no way of getting in. perhaps if i could answer other security questions it would be a different story, but unfortunately that is not the case. it seems as though I may have to repurchase apps, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know. If i were to call apple support could they manually unlock it? Thanks -Aidan

iPhone SE, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 17, 2016 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2016 9:09 PM

The apps you bought on the old account are permanently tied to that account. If you want to get access to them, you can enlist the aid of your parents to use their email to recover the password.

3 replies

How to recover an old itunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.