Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to uninstall and reinstall norton security

I have the Norton Security for 5 devices and put one on my new iMac, but when I click on Advanced Customize it doesn't open. Nothing happens. I was hoping if I uninstalled norton and reinstalled it then it would work. I tried the norton uninstall, but it said it didn't work with OS systems. Does anyone know who I can either get the Advance to work so I can use the settings or how to uninstall it and reinstall?

Thank you

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Sep 18, 2016 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2016 10:43 AM

Installing any antivirus application on a Mac is not recommended unless you want an unstable and crashing computer. OS X is extremely secure and only needs to be kept up-to-date to remain so. AV, cleaning, or ANY other third party tools for keeping OS X running well are are total waste of time, energy and system resources.

To uninstall Norton, please click https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v64924250_EndUserProf ile_en_us

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2016 10:43 AM in response to ShirleyfromDover

Installing any antivirus application on a Mac is not recommended unless you want an unstable and crashing computer. OS X is extremely secure and only needs to be kept up-to-date to remain so. AV, cleaning, or ANY other third party tools for keeping OS X running well are are total waste of time, energy and system resources.

To uninstall Norton, please click https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v64924250_EndUserProf ile_en_us

Sep 18, 2016 4:01 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Hi,

I followed the instructions provided on Norton to uninstall it, but after running it on the terminal to said it didn't find any files for symantec. I don't have symantec solutions. The only thing I have is the Norton icon in the dock and when I click it gives me the option of running live update, and a quick or full scan. Are there any other ideas for getting this off of my iMac?

Thank you

how to uninstall and reinstall norton security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.