Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix iOS 10

After upgrading to iOS 10, Netflix crashes imediatly on my iPhone 6s, iPad pro and AppleTV 4th gen. Any ideas? I called Netflix and they had no idea and did not help. They said it must be Apple's problem and call them.

Posted on Sep 18, 2016 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2016 6:53 PM

Hi. Have you restarted these devices? That always helps after a restart. Also check for updates of the Netflix app. I haven't noticed any reports of this in the Apple TV forum, so it may not be widespread.

4 replies

Dec 22, 2016 10:33 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Hi

I have latest iOS and Netflix app installed but Netflix will not stream movies. I can login to Netflix and download movies to my device, but can't stream movies. I keep getting the error message after about 15 seconds "cannot play title. Please try again later". This is happening on my iPhone 5c, iPhone6, and iPad 3. All have updated iOS and Netflix app.

MY Apple TV device is working ok and streaming movies. I have logged out and in to Netflix, restarted all devices, restarted internet wifi, phoned netflix for help, contacted my isp......all without luck. My iPhone streams movies with wifi off and using cellular so it's some sort of problem with wifi settings or something. Any help appreciated. Thanks Glenn

Dec 23, 2016 5:58 AM in response to fostergle

Please check the DNS settings in your Apple TV, router, and iPhone WiFi connection. I suspect they may be different and that may cause the different results. The phone on cellular has a completely different internet connection, of course. The standard configuration will have Apple TV and iPhone using the router IP address for DNS, and the router will get DNS from the ISP.

Dec 23, 2016 4:39 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Thanks for advice, I have checked the DNS setting and it is set as the same address as the router, so that's not the problem. All other internet apps and browsers are working fine. It's just Netflix will not stream movies, however I am able to use the new download feature of Netflix to download and then play movies ok. But not all movies and TV series can be downloaded so I can't view these. This is happening on iPhone5c, iphone6 and iPad 3 devices.

I have tried resetting network in general-reset menu after I did last iOS upgrade to latest version and still no luck. I have reinstalled Netflix. I've tried everything so guess I just have to wait til next iOS comes out to see if that fixes it??

Netflix iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.