Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Lightning headphones drop connection

I have a new iPhone 7 (128GB, model MNAJ2LL/A - Verizon), and am having issues with using Lightning headphones.

At this point, I've tried:

• the Lightning EarBuds that came with it
  • Bose QC20i with the headphone dongle
  • Bose SIE2i with headphone dongle

If I connect the Lightning port while the phone screen is off (and locked), the headphone in-line remote is not accepting the phone calls (and I can't hear the phone ring in the headphones).

In a second instance, I plugged the jack in, and then made a phone call from the phone. The phone connected the call, but while I could hear the other person, they couldn't hear me.

In both instances, if I unplugged the headphones and plugged them back in, they worked fine.

While just sitting without music/a call going on, I also hear a clicking sound about 45 seconds after I shut off the screen, after which time the action button on my headphones (the call accept/end/play/pause/...) no longer activates Siri.

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted on Sep 19, 2016 1:05 PM

7 replies

iPhone 7 Lightning headphones drop connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.