Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot select "Draft" mode for printing setting

My printer type: ESPON XP-630 Series

I'm trying to print something and trying not to waste ink but for some reason, my "Draft" option is grayed out. Any suggestions?

I have no clue on how to solve this at the moment.

Posted on Sep 19, 2016 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2016 4:18 PM

Bump

2 replies

Sep 20, 2016 1:36 AM in response to iKakeru

Apple provides a driver called AirPrint. This driver has a limited set of features so that it can work with many different brands of printers. If you have a relatively new printer then when you connect to it OS X will automatically select this AirPrint driver. To check if this did happen for you, open Printers & Scanners and select the Epson. In the right panel you will see an entry labelled Kind. If it shows something like Epson XP-630 - AirPrint then this indicates that the AirPrint driver is being used and one of the missing settings is Draft mode.

The solution is to remove this printer - simply select it and press the minus button - and then add it again. But this time keep an eye on the Use menu in the Add printer window. When this selects AirPrint, drop this menu and choose the Epson and then press Add. Note that you may need to install the Epson driver before this will appear in the menu.

Below is an example of the Use menu showing the AirPrint driver and the vendors driver - a Canon MG6200 series in this case. Selecting the Canon gives me all the features that I don't get when I select the AirPrint driver.

User uploaded file

Cannot select "Draft" mode for printing setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.