Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast is using 1G of storage iOS 10

why is podcast app using 1G of storage when I have nothing loaded on it? how do I find out what the 1G of stuff is on the app? I have gone to settings /storage /manage and it lists what apps I have and how much storage it is using but when I click the podcast app it only tells me that I have 1G of documents & data but it does not tell me what documents & data.

I only have 12G on the ipad and this app is taking a lot of space

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 19, 2016 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 12:33 PM

Greetings charlymishu,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. After reviewing your post I can tell that you are wanting to know why the Podcasts app is using 1GB of your storage. I know having enough storage space on your iPad is of utmost importance. I will be happy to provide some information on this.

If you haven't already done so, please force close the Podcasts and Settings apps on the iPad and restart the device. Once it is back on the Home screen, please go back in and check the storage amount and see if the amount has dropped down to a more reasonable level. If it hasn't and since it seems that you do not actually use the Podcasts app, one thing I can recommend is to remove the Podcasts app from your iPad. That is something new you can do with iOS 10. Once you remove it, you won't be able to use the Podcasts app with CarPlay, but you can reinstall the app at any point, if you wish. See, Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device with iOS 10 for more information.

Force an app to close on your Mac

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2016 12:33 PM in response to charlymishu

Greetings charlymishu,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. After reviewing your post I can tell that you are wanting to know why the Podcasts app is using 1GB of your storage. I know having enough storage space on your iPad is of utmost importance. I will be happy to provide some information on this.

If you haven't already done so, please force close the Podcasts and Settings apps on the iPad and restart the device. Once it is back on the Home screen, please go back in and check the storage amount and see if the amount has dropped down to a more reasonable level. If it hasn't and since it seems that you do not actually use the Podcasts app, one thing I can recommend is to remove the Podcasts app from your iPad. That is something new you can do with iOS 10. Once you remove it, you won't be able to use the Podcasts app with CarPlay, but you can reinstall the app at any point, if you wish. See, Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device with iOS 10 for more information.

Force an app to close on your Mac

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Oct 5, 2016 5:13 PM in response to AppleJoe

I guess I am missing something here...I do have iOS 10 on the ipad but when the apps jiggle the podcast app does not offer the ✖ to delete and I do not know how to force close apps on the ipad. I have force closed apps many times on the laptop, just as you have described, but I seem to be at a loss on how to on the ipad. Is there an Apple menu on the ipad to get to the force close window? I have not seen it.

It seems this 1G podcast business started after upgrading to iOS 10. and I do use the podcast app daily but only download talk and one episode at a time

podcast is using 1G of storage iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.