Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 and BMW Bluethooth streaming issues

Hey

I have a 2016 BMW and iphone 7 10.0.1

When I stream music from my phone from my car the music stops after few seconds

My phone shows that the music keep playing but the connection is lost

did anyone experience the same issue with phone calls yet

anyone have any advice?

BTW i deleted my old phone pairing from the car.

Thanks in advance

iOS 10, BMW 4 Series 2016

Posted on Sep 19, 2016 5:58 PM

43 replies

Sep 20, 2016 7:15 PM in response to B0mbast1c

Same issue. Was fine with the 6s plus. 7+ disconnects after 2~ seconds. I've hard reset the phone, wiped it (full reset) and it's still the same issue. This is with a 2016 328i. I don't see anyone else talking about it on the BMW site yet..

BT works fine with my headphones so it's only from the car that I'm having the issue. I'm gonna see about opening a ticket with Apple.

Sep 20, 2016 7:53 PM in response to dfdfdfdfd

So apple tried a few things that I already listed. Still didn't work (no kidding). He pointed me to BMW to see if there is an update coming out for that. I checked the site and my car is up to date on the FW. I'll have to wait to call the BMW number as it's only 9am - 9pm est. 844-443-6487 just in case someone wants to log the call before I get up as I'm in PST.

Sep 21, 2016 8:02 AM in response to Stevelaszcz

Just bought Iphone 7 (has ios 10.0.1). Having problems with choppy connection (both phone and music). Problems I am having is loosing bluetooth while talking or listening to the music. I contacted apple support. They helped me out from there side step by step. They are questioning to see if BMW has new firmware/fix for it.

Following steps i tried

iphone 7:

turn off and on bluetooth

forget device

repair it

even reset all settings

car (528 i 2014)

Remove old paired phones

turned off the car

and repaired it

ALso discussed with BMW GENIUS , they said might be IOS10 problem. Though phone is working fine in my other cars

Sep 21, 2016 10:04 PM in response to B0mbast1c

Same issue here in Australia. IPhone 6 - perfect

Deleted IPhone 6 from car connections so only connection now is iPhone 7

Music drops out and cannot control functions - i.e skip songs as it drops out. When driving, only solution is pull over - spend time reconnecting and start again - very annoying. If you don't do this, you don't have phone connection either and as I do long drives - not good.

Called BMW who suggest connected drive upgrade so did this process - go to bmw.com/update and follow directions however this has still not solved the issue. As old phone is now my wife's - re tried the iPhone 6 and reconnected again, works perfect and its running IOS10 - no problems, so this is definitely an Apple issue with the IPhone 7

Car is a BMW 328i GT (2015)

Sep 22, 2016 6:48 AM in response to tigergt1964

JUst figure something out until Apple fix the issue. following will only work if u only want 'call' not the music.

Assuming ur phone is coonected to car already try following steps

go to settings>connections>bluetooth>'your phone'

click options from idrive knob

go to 'configure'

uncheck 'music'

ok

u d done, so it will atleast working for call function until they fix music stream option

iPhone 7 and BMW Bluethooth streaming issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.