Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Audio" Draining iPhone Battery

Hi, all.

The last few nights, after charging my iPhone, I'd switch to charge my iPad and let the iPhone sit overnight on battery power. When I wake up, the battery had lost quite a bit of charge, going from 100% to 54% the first night and 100% to 77% last night. When I looked at the battery usage in Settings, the first night, it claimed that two apps (a game and Instagram) had used all that power and it said "Audio" under them both. I closed both out and then charged the phone. After it did the same thing last night, I checked battery usage again and it said Safari had drained that 23%, again, due to "Audio."

I'm not streaming music or anything that should cause that drain. Is this some sort of bug? Or is this just how the NSA covers listening to me through my phone?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 3:24 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2016 11:11 PM in response to Final Jump

Some web sites will play audio - or leave scripts to do so open. Same for applications.

I'd check what web sites you had tabs open to. Since the audio glitches might be advertisements, and not always load, this isn't foolproof. But if it's consistent, I'd say don't leave those websites open.

I have to do this on my laptop because some websites just have bad code that will try to do things even when they don't have focus.

"Audio" Draining iPhone Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.