Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No "trust this computer" dialog box

Since the iOS 10 update on my iPhone 5s, I'm having the opposite issue of the "trust" loop that many have, in my case, every time I want to import photos to the Photos app, it says, please tap the "trust this computer" dialog on the iPhone, but there is no dialog box. Without that, I can unlock the phone, but then I don't have the opportunity to delete the photos on import...

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Quad 2.8ghz, 32GB RAM

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 3:54 PM

Greetings jsegel,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that after updating to iOS 10, you are no longer getting the Trust alert on your iPhone when connecting to your computer. I know that this is an important alert, as it allows you to import photos to your computer from your iPhone. I have something that I would like you to try.

Please see About the ‘Trust This Computer‘ alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch , specifically, this section:

Get help

If you tap Trust or Don't Trust but iOS doesn't accept your answer, or if the Trust alert won't appear, follow these steps. Try again after each:

1. On your computer, especially with Windows 10, check that you have the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Disconnect and reconnect your iOS device.
  3. Restart your iOS device and your computer.
  4. Reset your Trust settings.
  5. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.*

For more help, contact Apple Support.

Cheers.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2016 3:54 PM in response to jsegel

Greetings jsegel,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that after updating to iOS 10, you are no longer getting the Trust alert on your iPhone when connecting to your computer. I know that this is an important alert, as it allows you to import photos to your computer from your iPhone. I have something that I would like you to try.

Please see About the ‘Trust This Computer‘ alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch , specifically, this section:

Get help

If you tap Trust or Don't Trust but iOS doesn't accept your answer, or if the Trust alert won't appear, follow these steps. Try again after each:

1. On your computer, especially with Windows 10, check that you have the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Disconnect and reconnect your iOS device.
  3. Restart your iOS device and your computer.
  4. Reset your Trust settings.
  5. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.*

For more help, contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

No "trust this computer" dialog box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.