Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10 won't install

I recently downloaded iOS 10 on to my iPhone 6 but it now won't install. Whenever I try it gets to the 'Verifying Update' stage where it ticks along for a few minutes before getting the message 'Unable to Install Update: An error occurred installing iOS 10'

I've tried many times over the last few days and always get the same result. Has anyone else had this happen?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 6:18 AM

8 replies

Sep 20, 2016 6:47 AM in response to baz85

No, but I know what I would try if it didn't work on my device : I would quit trying to update wirelessly and I would use iTunes instead. All you need is a recent enough Mac or Windows computer with access to the Internet. If you don't have one you can just borrow one from a friend for a few hours, it will give you ample time to update or install iTunes if needed, backup your device and update it. By the way, I would advise you to delete that backup afterwards if you are not using your own computer (if your backup is not encrypted anyone could restore your data in any iOS device using that backup).

Instructions : Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to find the backup file to delete it afterwards : Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you do not have access to a Mac or Windows computer, you can troubleshoot the wireless update instead : Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

iOS 10 won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.